Behringer has been knocking it out of the proverbial park with its convincing recreations of legendary synths and modules from the '80s. The RD-8 is a long-anticipated addition to their lineup, faithfully capturing the spirit of Roland's iconic TR-808 Rhythm Composer.
Retaining the intuitive and tactile interface design found on originals, the nostalgic Behringer RD-8 is packed full of features that enable easy programming for creating inspiring beats with retro charm!
- Amazing drum machine with authentic analog sound engine
- 16 original drum sounds with additional parameters and global Accent capability
- Modern and versatile workflow
- Powerful 64-step drum sequencer supports poly-meter, step-repeat, note-repeat, real-time triggering, track-mute and track-solo
- Integrated FX bus features Wave Designer and dual-mode Analog Filter with per voice assignment
- Live recording, editing and playback of Analog Filter cutoff via automation
- Storage of up to 16 songs and 256 patterns
- Pattern Mode allows arrangement of patterns into full songs and setting number of repeats per song part
- Song Mode allows chaining songs together for live sets and expanded compositions
- Unique Auto Scroll feature enables improvisation in all modes
- Comprehensive MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB implementation
- Sync options include USB, MIDI, Clock and Internal
- 11 independent analog outputs
- Powerful headphone and main outputs on 1/4" connectors
- High-visibility LED display
- Robust encoder for editing parameters such as Tempo, Swing, Probability, Flam and Random
- 16 vintage-style step buttons with bold LED indicators for easy pattern creation
Timeless 808 Sounds
The 808 drum machine is arguably up there with the Gibson Les Paul, the Hammond Organ and the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe; influential gear that defined contemporary music. The 808 sound is instantly recognisable and remains highly sought-after to this day. Enter Behringer with the RD-8, a stunning homage to this timeless bit of gear.
16 drum sounds, a 64-step sequencer, a Wave Designer feature and dual-mode filter - a simple set of features that'll have you making rumbling, popping beats in no time. All-analog circuitry ensures an authentic, responsive sound that's bound to inspire.
It's not just the price tag that makes the RD-8 accessible. Behringer have gone out of their way to make this unit, authentic, intuitive and fun. Play with the sequencer in real-time thanks to step repeat, note repeat, real-time triggering and live step-overdubbing. Add colour to your beat with autofill and song cue without interrupting the flow - a great performance tool.
Improved sequencer workflow gives you 64 steps to play with, alongside storage for up to 256 patterns and 16 songs. The integrated Wave Designer has individual attack and sustain controls that can be applied to individual voices to bring another dimension to your drum beats. Finally, the RD-8's flexible dual-mode 12dB filter button toggles between LPF and HPF for thumping lows and tweeting highs - complete with automated recording with the sequencer.
All-in-all, the RD-8 is exactly what you'd expect; authentic, fat sounds, inspiring workflow, affordable price tag. What's not to love?