Dave Smith Instruments DSM02 Character Eurorack Effects Module
>The DSM02 is the second eurorack module designed and created by legendary synth guru Dave Smith. It calls itself a Character Module, and offers a keen synth designer a fantastic collection of 5 unique effects for shaping, twisting and transforming sound in both subtle and brash ways! The 5 effects are aptly called Girth, Air, Decimate, Hack and Drive, and are taken straight from the acclaimed Prophet 12 and Pro 2 synths, forming an integral part of their distinctive tone.
- Girth provides low-frequency harmonic enhancement for adding weight and density.
- Air provides high-frequency harmonic enhancement for adding definition and presence.
- Decimate performs sample rate reduction for adding lo-fi grunge.
- Hack is a bit crusher capable of trashing an otherwise clean signal nearly beyond recognition.
- Drive adds overdrive and saturation, with warmth at one end of the knob and harmonic overload at the other.
The DS02 is designed as a 14 HP Eurorack-format module, so you can easily and simply fit it into your modular system. Once hooked up, plug in your patch cables and give your sounds true individuality, depth and character. The unit can be used in mono or stereo, with two independent audio inputs and outputs that use shared control. This unit alone is an affordable way to kick your modular setup into a new gear, transforming your signal path completely for a powerful range of new tones.
- 1 CV In – Girth (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In – Air (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In – Decimate (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In – Hack (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In – Drive (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 2 Audio In (3.5 mm jack) +/-5V or 10V p-p
- 2 Audio Out (3.5 mm jack)
- Internal power connector (ribbon cable included)
- Power select: Local 5V or System 5V (jumper included)
- Current draw at Local 5V: +12V @ 150mA, -12V @ 20mA
- Current draw at System 5V: +12V @ 20mA, -12V @ 20mA, +5V @ 150mA
- 2.79 W x 5.06 H (70.8 mm x 128.5 mm)
- Width: 14 HP
- Depth (measured from back of panel with power cable installed): 1.18 (30.1 mm)
- Mounting screws
- Ribbon cable for power connection
- Power jumper for selecting Local or System power