The Hydrasynth is a multi-headed beast of a desktop synthesizer. Virtual analog eight-voice polyphony with 3 oscillators per voice immediately offers a huge sound out the box. It comes into its own when you introduce its unbelievably vast wave-morphing, filtering, assignable macro and effects features. And that’s just getting started…
- Eight-voice polyphonic wave-morphing desktop synthesizer
- 3 oscillators per voice, with wave-scanning on 1 & 2 (219 selectable waveforms)
- 4 Mutators per voice, allowing FM, PWM, Sync, Harmonic scanning, and more
- Versatile ring modulator and noise section with 5 complex LFOs
- Two filters per voice (configure in parallel or series)
- Filter 1 has 12 modes inc. LPG and Formant, filter 2 is classic state-variable 12dB/octave morphing filter
- Arpeggiator with complex control options
- Assignable Macro controls per patch, open-ended modulation matrix with up to 32 paths
- Five looping DAHDSR envelopes with option for relating segment duration to current BPM
- Integrated delay, reverb, and various modulation effects
- CV & Gate I/O for easy integration into modular synth workflows
- Global & per-module randomization and initialization always accessible straight on the front panel
- RGB backlit pads with polyphonic aftertouch, endless encoders with LED rings
- Easy scale definition for pads with an enormous number of pre-defined scales
- OLED displays for waveform visualization and patch editing/performance display
Pushing the Boundaries of Synthesis
If you’re looking for a sound that’ll surprise, inspire and frighten you at every opportunity it gets, the Hydrasynth is ready and waiting. As mentioned earlier, its virtual analog 8-voice polyphony is already exciting – but it becomes a different beast entirely when you dive into its full capability.
Let’s start with the wave-morphing. With 219 waves to choose from, you’ve got plenty at your disposal. Oscillators 1 and 2 can morph waveshapes with mutators – 7 mutation processes to be precise. At this point, the possibilities seem endless.
But it doesn’t end there; two filters offer 12 modes in total, from LPG to 12dB octave-morphing. Then there’s the LFOs, 5 envelope generators, ring modulator, noise generator, mixer and effects (including modulation, ambience and more) so you can send your signal on whatever wild path you choose.
Tactile User Interface
With the desktop version of the Hydrasynth, you get 24 touch-sensitive polytouch pads and a powerful customisable sound engine in place of a keybed. Not only is this is an excellent synth for connecting to external controllers and sequencers; it’s an all-encompassing controllable instrument in its own right.
This smooth, alternative workflow is guaranteed to inspire with its highly customisable sound engine features. The pads also indicate scales, patterns and more with colour-coding, making it as intuitive as it is enjoyable to play.
Finally, the Modulation Matrix offers 32 user-definable modulation routings are available for you to bridge 29 modulation sources and 155 modulation destinations. You can route the modulation in almost any direction, including the effects, arpeggiator and Modulation Matrix points.
- Metal chassis, 5U in rack
- 24 PolyTouch pads
- 5 banks of 128 patch memories
- CV gate input and outputs
- MIDI in/out/thru
- Expression & sustain pedal input
- Supports USB MIDI In/Out
- Dimensions: 44 x 22.3 x 7 cm