Alesis VX49 49-Key USB / MIDI Controller with Full-Color Screen
Alesis continue to push the envelope in midi controller design, both as a recording engineers tool and as a performance device for the live musician. The VX49 is testament to that, with its gorgeous full colour screen, expressive key bed and swiss army knife of features. However the real prize is when you put all those things together, experiencing a fully integrated workflow so that you can create your music faster, smarter and in a more engaging way.
A VIP Experience
The VX49 runs in tandem with your DAW and it's own software called VIP. Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) is a powerful programme that enables you to access and control your entire virtual instrument Library directly from the VX49's full colour display. Whether you want to simply change patches or tweak some parameters with the rotary knobs, you don't have to break your flow by accessing your computer and searching around. Find the perfect preset you're looking for from a wide range of your VST plugin companies, load it up and start playing. What's more, VIP allows you to quickly create and play "multis" from your VST's, Create sounds with up to 8 simultaneous layers featuring patches from 1 or more plugins. You can layer, mix and pan the patches all at once for a complete personalised sound.
- High resolution colored screen with dedicated interface buttons
- Screen provides 1:1, real-time feedback of plugin parameters
- Includes VIP — load, play, & control any VST plugin
- 8 performance-ready 360° knobs
- Custom 49-key Alesis semi weighted keybed with aftertouch
- 8 velocity- & pressure-sensitive drum pads with RGB illumination
- Dedicated pad bank, transport control, octave, & performance buttons
- Role mode, time division, pattern arpeggiator, & tap tempo buttons
- Expression pedal and footswitch inputs
- Standalone MIDI controller or control your plugins & DAW simultaneously