Akai MPK249 Controller Keyboard
Akai Professional's MPK controller keyboards have become the go to keyboards for most professional MIDI rigs.The MPK249 brings you new RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads to the superb action of its aftertouch-enabled 49-note keybed. With features such as the MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and an arpeggiator for complex rhythmic and melodic manipulation you have more control than ever! With its assignable faders, buttons, and encoders (eight each), 16 performance pads, transport controls, LCD screen, and USB/iOS modes, the MPK249 makes it easy to do the simple things well.
Included with the MPK249 is a free download for Akai Pro VIP 3.0 which will enhance your music making with an impressive array of easily searchable virtual instruments and pairs effortlessly with the MPK249 for an intuitive workflow. VIP is capable of impressive tone manipulation as up to 8 instruments and patches can be layered per VIP instance and 4 VST effects can be applied per instrument for rich, intricate sound sculpting. VIP is loaded with features that you’ll find useful on the live stage and in the studio.
Here's what Akai say about the Akai MPK249 Controller Keyboard
With the Akai Professional MPK249, you can juice your productions with authentic MPC workflows, using the familiar tools producers have relied upon for years. MPC Swing delivers that tight, organic groove that made MPC units instant classics. MPC Note Repeat and 16 Levels make it easy to build beats and construct short melodic sequences using the MPK249's 16 RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads. Also onboard is an arpeggiator that lets you easily explore more complex melodic ideas with its adjustable resolution, range, and patterns.
Seamlessly bridging the gap between hardware control and software performance, Akai Professional's latest generation of MPK controllers gives you the enhanced response of a refined new keybed, new RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads, the ability to send QWERTY-style commands via soft-controls, and a low-power iOS mode. It all adds up to enhanced hardware control over your software - which translates to greater productivity for you. The MPK249 is plug-and-play with your Mac or Windows computer, and it also sports iOS compatibility via Apple's optional iPad Camera Connection Kit. It even comes with free software, including Ableton Live Lite, Pro MPC Essentials, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, and SONiVOX Twist 2.0
- Specification: Detail
- Number of Keys: 49
- Type of Keys: Semi-weighted
- Aftertouch: Yes
- Number of Performance Pads: 16
- Number of Encoders/Pots: 8
- Number of Sliders/Faders: 8
- Dedicated Transport Control: Yes
- Other Controllers: 8 x assignable buttons; mod, pitch wheels
- System Requirements Mac: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel recommended), 2GB RAM, OSX 10.5
- System Requirements PC: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible, 2GB RAM, Windows 8, 7, Vista, or XP, Windows-compatible sound card
- Pedal Inputs: Sustain, Expression
- MIDI I/OD: in in/out, USB, iOS
- USB: Yes
- Height: 3.38"
- Width: 29"
- Depth: 12.25"
- Weight: 12.6 lbs.
- Power Supply: USB Bus Powered
- Manufacturer Part Number: MPK249
Next Delivery Due: Monday, 17 December 2018
Not currently in stock. We have ordered stock of this item.
- Order now & we will ship to you as soon as we receive stock.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Estimated arrival date: Monday, 17 December 2018
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery