Akai Advance 61 key MIDI Keyboard
A new generation of controllers has arrived. The new Akai Advance Keyboard series hearalds a new era of controllers that are truly connected to your favourite virtual instruments for hassle free performance and recording. The Advance series combines durable quality hardware with Akai's new Virtual Instrument Player(VIP) software which hosts all your instruments. You can use the VIP software as a standalone instance for performance, or insert as a plugin into your favourite DAW. Simple and easy to use!
Not Just a Pretty Face
This new generation of controller keyboards certainly look visually stunning, but rest assured that each flashy pad and colourful display is designed with a function. The Advance series is designed to feel and react with your instruments like a classic piece of hardware, transforming your computer based plugins into a fully hands on experience. No need to fiddle about changing parameters with the mouse. You can truly feel the music by adjusting the 8 performance-ready knobs and a hi-res 4.3inch Full-colour screen shows all of your perameters so that you can interact 1:1 with your virtual instruments in real time.
Even if you had the space or ability to put all hardware versions of all your Virtual instruments in your house, you would have to deal with the varied quality of keyboards and performance controls on each instrument. With the Advance, you get a fantastic feel and response every time. Akai are well known for their quality drum pads with their MPC series. With Full RGB illumination and the choice of 4 banks, you'll be able to interface with your favourite drum maschine like never before. The Keyboard itself has semi-weighted keys providing the combination of a great feel and a lightweight and travel ready design. What's more, Aftertouch functionality is built in, so you can make the most of some of your more crazy sounds by changing the key pressure after you play the note.
What is particularly great about the advance series is that no matter what size keybed you choose (25, 49 or 61 Key), you will get the same functionality on each. This makes the choice much easier. If you want something truly low profile and portable for single line synths, the 25key is perfect. However if you want the functionality of a full keyboard for 2 hands and chords, then the larger keyboards are a better choice. You get the same amount of pads, knobs and buttons that won't cloud your judgement.
A VIP Experience
The New Virtual instrument player is a fantastic new piece of software that integrates your library of Virtual Instruments for Studio or live use. With the application you can create setlists, browse instruments and patches, split keys into zones, and custom map your patches as you wish. Then, leave your computer well alone and get stuck into your sounds using the Advance keyboard itself. You'll get uninhibited access to any virtual instrument in your library without losing focus of the instrument in front of you.
VIP runs as a VSTi, AU,RTAS or AAX plugin allowing you to work in any DAW of your choice, such as Pro Tools, Logic Pro and Ableton Live. Integrate your library of instruments and download 16GB of included sounds incuding Vacuum Pro, Loom, Hybrid 3, Xpand!2, Velvet and Transfuser by AIR Music Tech, Eighty Eight Ensemble by SONiVOX and exclusive artist launch packs from TOOLROOM RECORDS (downloads). Plus there's 100's of other VI's and sounds, downloadable from the VIP Store
- Keyboards for advanced virtual instrument performance
- Integrated 4.3-inch high-resolution full-color screen with dedicated interface buttons
- Screen provides 1:1, real-time feedback of plugin parametes
- Includes Virtual Instrument Player software for unprecedented virtual instrument preset management, control mapping and multi patch creation
- 25 Premium, semi-weighted velocity-sensitive keybed aftertouch
- 8 large, endless and continuously variable control knobs
- 8 velocity- and pressure-sensitive MPC pads with RGB illumination
- Dedicated pad bank, transport control, octave, and performance buttons
- Note repeat, time-division, pattern arpeggiator, and tap-tempo buttons
- Rubberized Pitch and Modulation wheels
- Expression pedal and footswitch inputs
- USB and 5-pin MIDI Input/Output for use with any MIDI capable software or hardware
- Functions as a standalone controller
- 16GB of included sounds incuding Vacuum Pro, Loom, Hybrid 3, Xpand!2, Velvet and Transfuser by AIR Music Tech, Eighty Eight Ensemble by SONiVOX and exclusive artist launch packs from TOOLROOM RECORDS (downloads). Plus 100's of other VI's and sounds from a growing list of partners, available for purchase, downloadable from the VIP Store
Virtual Instrument Player(VIP) Software Highlights
- Plays virtually every VSTi-compatible plugin
- Operates as a standalone virtual instrument player for your computer
- Also operates as a plugin within any AU, VST, or AAX compatible DAW
- Organizes your plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection, instrument type, timbre, and more
- Access, edit and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time
- Setlist feature lets live performers switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the keyboard
- Extensive key zone splitting, custom mapping, and instrument mixing options
- Pre-mapped to hundreds of industry-leading virtual instruments
- Unlimited instances of VIP may be run in a DAW