What's better than an analogue delay with a bucket brigade chip? How about one with 8 bucket brigade chips, soft touch tap tempo, external tap tempo/expression pedal input, FX loop, 1 full second of delay, beat divisions (1/4, 1/8, dotted 1/8, triplets) and... well you get the picture! The JHS Pedals Panther Cub is one of the most full featured analogue delays we've ever seen and that is a very good thing. Once upon a time you had to choose to have the flexibility of digital but the sterile sound or the simplicity of analgoue but the lovely warm sound. JHS Pedals just laughed in the face of that compromise and now you can too!
New for V1.5
There are four big changes that affect the Panther Cub v1.5. These are achieved by making some small tweaks to the components inside and in terms of function it is nearly identical apart from...
- Longer repeats without runaway now available
- The runaway is now a lot smoother like a vintage unit and the soft clicking has been removed
- Depth and Speed controls have been expanded so you can get better ambient tones
- You can now achieve nearly infinite repeats with the V1.5 of the Panther Cub
Here's what JHS Effects say about the Panther Cub Analogue Delay
In 2011 we released the Panther Analog Delay. Almost exactly two years later we tried a nearly impossible feat of taking everything we love about the Panther Delay, making a few improvements, and packaging it into a enclosure half the size. We are proud to bring to you the Panther Cub. True Bucket Brigade delay that has the tone and options to cover any style, any use, and any player. The Panther Cub Delay is our most anticipated pedal to date with it’s groundbreaker feature set including “tap tempo control” that lives within an all analog 1000 milliseconds of delay time! The “effects loop” allows you to place any effect or effects chain on the repeats only. We kept the four section “Ratio Control” to give you quarter, dotted eighth, eighth, and triplet divisions. The built in “Modulation” gives you a shimmery Deluxe Memory Man type vibe and works perfectly even with tap in use. The Panther Delay was the first to do this! The internal "Roar" switch gives you two different levels/sensitivity of oscillation and runaway. As the user you have the ability to program an “expression control” to your favorite knob to use it to change settings on the fly! The “Tap In/Out” jack lets you remotely tap in a tempo or slave another tap device for amazing live flexibility. All this and more is powered by a standard 9v supply.
- 1000 Miliseconds of Delay (1 full second)
- 100% Analog signal path
- Eight 3208 Bucket Brigade Delay chips
- Efficient and compact 1590BB size case (4.7"x3.7")
- 4 Position Ratio control (1/4, 1/8, dotted 1/8, Triplets)
- Standard 9v DC Negative power
- Soft-touch Tap Tempo switch
- Onboard Modulation (speed/depth) that stays accurate even when using Tap Tempo
- Internal "ROAR" switch for 2 modes of oscillation sensitivity
- EFX Loop (via TRS splitter) that allows placement of any effect on repeats only
- Dry Out (via TRS splitter) for stereo field of sound
- Space saving top-mounted Input/Output jacks
- True Speed LED (indicates rate of actual delay)
- Assignable Expression (control Speed, Ratio, Mod Depth, Mod Speed
- Improved and Strengthened Feedback and Oscillation
- Improved Delay overall definition and strength
- Tap Input/Output allows external tap controller or tap slaving
- True Bypass Switching
- 100% Designed, Populated, and Assembled in Kansas City USA
- This pedal requires standard 9V DC Negative power and measures 4.7"x3.7"x1.2"