Here's what Jackson says about the USA Signature Adrian Smith San Dimas:
Iron Maiden is one of the most successful and influential metal bands ever, and Adrian Smith’s molten yet melodic guitar work has long been a driving force behind their distinctive and dynamic sound. With timeless songwriting and thrilling live performances, Maiden continues to record, tour internationally and rock stadiums everywhere with electrifying prowess and unwavering heavy metal passion.
Solidly built to withstand Maiden’s relentless touring regiment, the USA Signature Adrian Smith San Dimas® DKQM features a resonant, lightweight alder body with a gorgeous quilt maple top. The bolt-on quartersawn maple neck has a hand-rubbed urethane back finish for smooth playability and a pair of graphite reinforcement rods that refuse to budge, no matter the environmental stress it’s exposed to. Featuring 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays, the 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard is the ideal platform for heavy chording and fast, ripping solos, while a heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel allows for quick and easy neck relief tweaks.
A Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB-4 humbucker in the bridge adds plenty of upper midrange attack, with a tight, articulate low end and harmonically rich highs. Samarium Cobalt Noiseless Single-Coil Strat® middle and neck pickups deliver authentic, noise-free Stratocaster snap with incredible dynamic and magnetic response. A five-way blade selector switch along with single volume and tone controls open up endless tonal
possibilities, while the Floyd Rose® Original doublelocking tremolo system keeps the guitar in tune through the roughest playing, set after set.
Groomed for high-performance and speedy playability, this signature axe is wrapped in a striking Transparent Green Burst finish with white pickguard, black hardware and licensed Fender® Strat® headstock.
- Series: Artist Signature
- Body Shape: San Dimas®
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Top: Quilt Maple
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Tinted Urethane
- Fingerboard: Maple, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® Original Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Licensed Fender® Stratocaster®
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Original Double-Locking Tremolo
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB-4 (Bridge), Samarium Cobalt Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat® (Middle & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: Included Jackson® Adrian Smith/Strat® SKB® Hardshell