The Jackson Pro Series SL2Q Soloist is a premium instrument, with a raft of high-spec hardware appointments and gorgeous aesthetics. With a neck-through construction, compound radius fretboard and high-output Seymour Duncan pickups, this guitar is built purely for performance.
Formed of a Mahogany body to give heavy riffs all of the low-end grunt they require, this tonewood offers a deep and rich tone that lends itself well to high-gain and also gives leads plenty of rounded warmth. Adorned with a stunning Quilted Maple top, this beautiful instrument will catch the eager eyes of your audience - no problem at all!
Paired with a Maple neck, this bright-sounding wood will help to deliver some top-end snap and definition, giving notes a fast attack and amazing projection in heavy mixes. Reinforced with Graphite, this neck will remain stable even in differing temperatures and conditions, meaning you won't have to tinker with your setup very often at all.
A compound radius fretboard is an excellent, high-end feature of this instrument. Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier and more comfortable to play, the fretboard flattens out in the higher register to make shredding a total breeze. This also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends, making it a very ergonomic design.
With a neck-through construction, this guitar has a truly elegant feel and look. But the perks aren't purely aesthetic, as with a neck-through design you can expect better sustain and a warmer, more-balanced tone overall.
Electronics & Hardware
This beautiful instrument is powered by a pair of super-hot Seymour Duncan Distortion humbuckers, effortlessly handling high doses of gain without breaking a sweat. Also clear and vibrant-sounding with clean settings, these pickups are very versatile despite their name. With a three-way switch you can get the pure, unbridled bite of the bridge pickup, the smooth and creamy tone of the neck pickup for leads, or a combination of both for balanced cleans.
A solid Jackson-designed HT6 string-through-body hardtail bridge will keep things solid at the body side, whilst at the other end there is a set of locking die-cast tuners. Keeping your tuning in check, string changes will also be super-easy thanks to their forward-thinking design.
- Series: Pro Series
- Body Material: Mahogany with Quilt Maple Top
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Binding: 1-Ply White
- Neck: 1-Piece Through-Body Maple Speed Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” - 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Alumiloid Piranha Tooth (Small Shark Fin)
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Jackson®-Branded Sealed Die-Cast Locking
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: Jackson® HT6 String-Through-Body Hardtail
- Pickguard: None
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan® TB-6 Distortion (Bridge), Seymour Duncan® SH-6N Distortion (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Way Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome Style
- Hardware Finish: Black Nickel
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges