The Dinky is a staple of the Jackson lineup, and the Pro Series Dinky DK2 Ash model is an even more refined version of this legendary guitar. Built purely for performance, this instrument boasts a raft of high-spec features - including a powerful set of Seymour Duncan humbuckers, Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo, graphite-reinforced neck and a compound radius fingerboard for optimal playability.
This particular Jackson Dinky DK2 may have a contemporary exterior, but it's constructed from a classic tonewood combination that hearkens back to the '50s. An Ash body offers a pure and balanced tone, providing plenty of grunt for heavy riffs. With a natural satin finish, you can feel inspired to pick up and play this instrument thanks to its smooth feel, stunning wood grain and sandblasted finish.
Paired with a Maple neck, this bright-sounding wood delivers some clear top-end definition. Bolted to the Ash body, this construction gives notes a snappy response with plenty of mid-focused projection. Reinforced with Graphite, this neck will remain stable even in differing temperatures and conditions - meaning that you won't have to tinker with your setup very often at all!
The neck is arguably the most important feature of any guitar when it comes to feel. And fortunately, the Jackson Pro Series Dinky DK2 features a neck so playable that you'll feel no difficulty when sweeping, tapping or attempting lightning-quick scale runs.
With a super-thin profile, the DK2's neck is extremely comfortable and fast to play. The smooth Ebony fingerboard also comes fitted with jumbo-sized frets for controllable vibrato and string bending techniques, and boasts a 12" to 16" compound radius that flattens out the higher you ascend. And speaking of which, the body's sculpted heel provides unhindered access to all 24 of the Dinky's frets!
Seymour Duncan Pickups
This elegant electric guitar sports the iconic Seymour Duncan JB/'59 pickup combo. Wonderfully versatile, these powerful pickups can effortlessly handle high doses of gain without breaking a sweat. The JB in the bridge projects potent lows, solid mids and searing highs, allowing your riffs and solos to pierce through easily in a heavy mix. The '59 sounds warm and smooth, yet has enough punch to cut through as well.
With a 5-way switch, you can attain a flexible amount of pickup combinations for great tonal variety. Positions 2 and 4 allow you to achieve S-style single-coil tones, as they select the inner coils of the bridge and neck pickups respectively. These settings offer pristine, angelic tones with a clean amp sound.
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose 1000 Series Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Offset Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rods: Dual-Action with Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB TB-4
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan '59 SH-1N
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Full Humbucker, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil, Position 3. Both Inner Coils, Position 4. Neck Inner Coil Position 5. Neck Full Humbucker
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1000 Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)