Here’s what Jackson says about the X Series Concert™ Bass CBXNT V:
Hold down the low end with the X Series Concert™ Bass CBXNT V, a highly versatile bass designed for one express purpose—bringing the thunder to your music. Upgraded electronics, classically brutal style and fast, efficient playability make this entry into the lineup a fundamental force to be reckoned with. Perfect for metal—or other styles that demand low, punchy bass—this instrument is an unbelievable value.
A 35" scale bass, the CBXNT V features a poplar body with a one-piece maple neck-through-body design that generates formidable sustain. The speed neck contour, 12"-16" compound radius laurel bound fingerboard and 24 jumbo frets make for lightning-fast playability.
The heart of this five-string beast is a Jackson J-style bridge pickup and Jackson P-style neck pickup, mated to an active 3-band EQ circuit for adding punch, cut, rumble or grunt to your sound. A Jackson HiMass™ bridge enhances note attack and sustain without altering your carefully crafted tone while the sealed die-cast tuning machines keep the strings in tune, no matter how hard you dig into them.
Sure to make a statement, the CBXNT V is dressed in a brooding Gloss Black finish with chrome hardware, white pickguard, pearloid sharkfin inlays and the famous pointed 5-in-line headstock to create a look that's simultaneously classic and current. Highly affordable, this instrument is the perfect weapon for the musician who requires nothing less than the latest in high-performance bass technology.
- Body Style: Concert™ Bass
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 5-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 35" (889 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Jackson HiMass™
- Pickguard: White
- Pickups: Jackson® J-Style Pickup (Bridge), Jackson® P-Style Pickup (Neck)
- Controls: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, 3-Band EQ
- Special Electronics: Active Tone Circuit
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .045-.130 Gauges