Here’s what Jackson says about the Signature Jeff Loomis Kelly:
Jeff Loomis has seared his mark on multiple subgenres of metal with his smooth technique at breakneck speeds. His rhythmical style became central to the Seattle-based progressive metal band Nevermore’s sound, while his two solo albums tore apart the technical metal scene and featured intricate fret work laced with soaring solos.
As the current guitarist for the world renowned Swedish melodic death metal act Arch Enemy, he continues to build upon his legacy with the most astonishing riffs the genre has ever heard.
Jackson is thrilled to honor the gifted musician with the USA Signature Jeff Loomis Kelly™ model. This signature Kelly axe is loaded with premium features including an ash body with a sandblasted ash top and Black finish for a distressed and menacing look.
The one-piece maple neck-through body includes a scarf joint and graphite reinforcement, providing the utmost stability against the rigors and ravages of the road. Shaped for speed, its bound 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard features 24 jumbo stainless steel frets and mother of pearl sharkfin inlays. Luminlay® side dots will help guide your way up and down the fretboard even on the darkest of stages.
Dynamic Seymour Duncan® Jeff Loomis Signature Blackouts humbucking pickups give this metal monolith its roar of clear, articulate tones even when under the heaviest distortion. The neck pickup delivers smooth, glassy leads, while the bridge pickup sinks its teeth into more aggressive tones and sustain while maintaining its legato.
Other features include a single volume control, three-way toggle switch, Floyd Rose® 1500 double-locking tremolo bridge system, heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel, Sperzel® die-cast tuners and black hardware. This metal behemoth is completed with a pointed 6-in-line matching headstock that is emblazoned with a chrome Jackson logo.
- Body Shape: Kelly™
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Top: Sandblasted Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss / Satin
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl Sharkfin
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® 1500 Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Sperzel® Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® 1500 Double-Locking Tremolo
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan® Jeff Loomis Signature Blackouts (Bridge & Neck)
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume
- Special Electronics: Active Circuit
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.060 Gauges
- Other Features: Luminlay® Side Dots