Misha Mansoor is the founder of modern metal pioneers Periphery, trendsetters of the 'djent' genre. To meet the demands of his highly-complex music, Mansoor needed an instrument that could cope with the stresses of modern metal playing and the tolls of constant touring.
Designed in close collaboration with Jackson, the Pro Series Juggernaut HT6 encompasses everything Misha wanted from a guitar, but at a more affordable price. With an ultra-modern body design, a thin neck profile, flat 20” fingerboard radius and high-output Jackson MM1 humbuckers, this instrument is built solely for metal.
Just like its high-end US-made counterpart, the HT6 is formed of a Basswood body with a bolt-on Maple neck. Basswood may be considered a less glamorous tonewood compared to others, however its light weight and balanced tonal qualities make it a great, practical option.
The Jackson HT6’s Caramelised Maple neck offers a bright and articulate tone, and with a bolt-on construction, you can expect a super-snappy response with a fast attack. This is essential for the tight palm-muted riffing that Mansoor is renowned for, letting notes cut through even the most frantic of heavy mixes.
Although the caramelising process removes moisture to add strength, Jackson has also reinforced the neck with Graphite for extra stability. So even if you constantly play in different temperatures and conditions, this neck will stay rock-solid. Its smooth oiled finish ensures excellent playability too, so that you can shred to your heart’s content.
Electronics & Hardware
Although the US-made Juggernaut features Mansoor's signature Bare Knuckle set, the Jackson-branded MM1 pickups in the Pro Series guitars are just as potent. Providing a strong mid-range punch, these pickups will offer plenty of bite and articulation, handling high doses of gain without breaking a sweat.
However, they're not just one-trick ponies. Misha also needs his pickups to be versatile enough for ambient cleans, and these certainly deliver. Employ positions 2 and 4 on the pickup selector switch, and you’ll engage the inner and outer coils respectively – great for balanced, crystal-clear cleans.
The Jackson hardtail bridge keeps things solid, with a smooth and ergonomic design that keeps your right-hand comfortable when playing intense palm-muted riffs. At the other end of the guitar you’ll find a set of Jackson-designed locking tuners, keeping your tuning stable and making string changes a total breeze.
- Body Style: Juggernaut
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Caramelized Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Fingerboard: Caramelized Maple, 20" (508 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Offset White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Reverse Jackson® 3x3 AT-1 (3 Over/3 Under)
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast Locking
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Jackson® HT6 String-Through-Body Hardtail
- Pickups: Jackson® Uncovered MM1 (Bridge), Jackson® Uncovered MM1 (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Two Inside Coils, Position 3. Both Full Humbucking Pickups, Position 4. Two Outer Coils, Position 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone (with Push/Pull Select Feature)
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges
- Other Features: Luminous Side Dots