The Dinky is a staple of the Jackson line, and the Pro Series DK2Q is an even more refined iteration of this iconic model. Built purely for unhindered performance, this instrument boasts a raft of high-spec features, including a versatile set of Seymour Duncan humbuckers, a Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo, graphite-reinforced neck and a compound radius fretboard for optimal playability.
Alder is a classic tonewood used in the construction of Strat-style guitars, a tradition that Jackson has largely continued to adhere to. With very balanced tonal qualities, Alder ensures a strong mid-range that lends itself particularly well to high-gain, producing a focused tone that can punch through effortlessly in frantic mixes. Adorned with a stunning Quilted Maple top, this beautiful instrument will catch the eager eyes of anyone in your audience!
Paired with a 1-piece Maple neck, this bright-sounding wood will help to deliver some clear top-end definition, while a bolt-on construction provides a snappy response with plenty of projection and clarity. Reinforced with Graphite, this neck will remain stable even in differing temperatures and conditions, meaning you won't have to tinker with your setup very often at all.
A compound radius fingerboard is another notable feature of this instrument. Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier to fret, the fingerboard flattens out in the higher register to make shredding a breeze! This also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends, making it a very ergonomic design.
Electronics & Hardware
This elegant instrument is powered by a pair of high-output Seymour Duncan humbuckers. Capable of handling copious amounts of gain, it’s worth mentioning that they’re not simply one-trick ponies. That’s because these pickups also offer articulate and luscious tones with clean settings, especially when you engage both humbuckers.
The TB-4 (JB) in the bridge position delivers all of the upper mid-range bite you'd expect, for optimal definition when playing technical riffs. The classic '59 neck pickup has a smooth yet punchy tone, ideal for complex lead work.
With a five-way switch, you can get a great amount of pickup combinations, giving you a lot of tonal variety. Positions 2 and 4 allow you to attain single-coil sounds, selecting the inner coils of the bridge and neck pickups respectively - offering pristine, angelic tones.
A double-locking Floyd Rose 1000 Series tremolo will keep this guitar in tune incredibly well, no matter how extreme your divebombs might be. And with a recessed design, you can perform crazy flutters and over-the-top raised squealies; perfect for chaotic-sounding effects!
- Body Style: Dinky™
- Body Material: Alder with Quilt Maple Top
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Offset White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® Locking, 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB-4 (Bridge), Seymour Duncan® '59™ SH-1N (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Full Humbucker, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil, Position 3. Both Inner Coils, Position 4. Neck Inner Coil Position 5. Neck Full Humbucker
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges