The Dinky is a staple of the Jackson line, and the Pro Series DK2 HT is an even more refined iteration of this iconic model. Built purely for unhindered performance, this instrument boasts a raft of high-spec features, including a versatile set of Seymour Duncan humbuckers, graphite-reinforced neck and a compound radius fretboard for optimal playability.
Formed of an Ash body, this wood has very balanced tonal qualities, ensuring that there are no deficiencies across the frequency spectrum. It lends itself particularly well to high-gain, producing a full-bodied sound that can cut through in a frantic metal mix. With a smooth Satin finish, the stunning grain of the wood shines through in all its glory.
Paired with a 1-piece Maple neck, this bright-sounding wood will help to deliver some clear top-end definition, while a bolt-on construction provides a snappy response with plenty of projection and clarity. Reinforced with Graphite, this neck will remain stable even in differing temperatures and conditions, meaning you won't have to tinker with your setup very often at all.
A compound radius fingerboard is another notable feature of this instrument. Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier to fret, the fingerboard flattens out in the higher register to make shredding a breeze! This also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends, making it a very ergonomic design.
Electronics & Hardware
This elegant instrument is powered by a pair of high-output Seymour Duncan humbuckers. Capable of handling copious amounts of gain, it’s worth mentioning that they’re not simply one-trick ponies. That’s because these pickups also offer articulate and luscious tones with clean settings, especially when you engage both pickups.
The TB-4 (JB) in the bridge position delivers all of the upper mid-range bite you'd expect, for optimal definition when playing technical riffs. The classic '59 neck pickup has a smooth yet punchy tone, ideal for complex lead work.
With a five-way switch, you can get a great amount of pickup combinations, giving you a lot of tonal variety. Positions 2 and 4 allow you to attain single-coil sounds, selecting the inner coils of the bridge and neck pickups respectively - offering pristine, angelic tones.
The Jackson HT6 hardtail bridge keeps things solid, with a smooth and ergonomic design that keeps your right-hand comfortable when playing intense palm-muted riffs. At the other end of the guitar you’ll find a set of Jackson-designed locking tuners, keeping your tuning stable and making string changes a total breeze.
- Body Style: Dinky™
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Offset White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast Locking
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Jackson® HT6 String-Through-Body Hardtail
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB-4 (Bridge), Seymour Duncan® '59™ SH-1N (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Full Humbucker, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil, Position 3. Both Inner Coils, Position 4. Neck Inner Coil Position 5. Neck Full Humbucker
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges