The Dinky is a staple of the Jackson line, and the JS22 DKAM is an even more refined iteration of this iconic model. Built purely for unhindered performance, this instrument boasts a raft of high-spec features, including Jackson high-output pickups, a comfortable arched top body, graphite-reinforced neck and a compound radius fingerboard for optimal playability.
The JS Series Dinky Arch Top JS22 DKAM features a smooth, satin-finished Okoume body. Although this wood is quite rarely used for production model guitars, it does possess very balanced tonal qualities, ensuring no deficiencies across the frequency spectrum. It lends itself particularly well to high-gain, producing a full-bodied sound that can cut through in a frantic metal mix.
Paired with a Maple neck, this bright-sounding wood will help to deliver some clear top-end definition, and a bolt-on construction provides a snappy response with plenty of projection and clarity in the mid-range. Reinforced with Graphite, this neck will remain stable even in differing temperatures and conditions, meaning you won't have to tinker with your setup very often at all.
A compound radius fingerboard is another notable feature of this instrument. Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier to fret, the fingerboard flattens out in the higher register to make shredding a breeze! This also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends, making it a very ergonomic design.
Electronics & Hardware
This elegant instrument is powered by a pair of Jackson high-output humbuckers, capable of handling copious amounts of gain. However, they’re not one-trick ponies. That’s because these pickups also offer smooth and luscious tones with clean settings, especially when you engage both humbuckers.
Jackson has also fitted the JS22 with a 2-point fulcrum tremolo, allowing you to add some gentle warble to chords or chaotic vibrato to lead lines.
- Body Shape: Dinky™
- Body Material: Okoume
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Maple, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Sharkfin
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: 2-Point Fulcrum Tremolo
- Pickups: Jackson® High-Output Humbucking (Bridge), Jackson® High-Output Humbucking (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge only, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck only
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges