The Dinky is a staple of the Jackson lineup, and the X Series Arch Top Extreme DKA-R-EX model is an even more refined version of this iconic guitar. Built purely for unhindered performance, this instrument boasts a raft of high-spec features, including a powerful set of active Fishman Fluence humbuckers, a Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo, graphite-reinforced neck and a compound radius fretboard for optimal playability.
Lightweight Poplar Body
Poplar is a popular tonewood used in the construction of electric guitars, and Jackson employs it regularly for its X Series models. With very balanced tonal qualities, Poplar ensures a strong mid-range response that lends itself particularly well to high-gain; producing a focused tone that can punch through effortlessly in frantic mixes. The material is very lightweight too!
Fast & Playable Neck
The X Series Dinky Arch Top Extreme's body is paired with a bolt-on Maple neck, providing a bright and snappy sound with plenty of clarity. Reinforced with Graphite, this neck will remain stable even in differing temperatures and conditions, meaning you won't have to tinker with your setup very often at all. The neck has a smooth satin finish too, offering a fast and slippery feel.
A compound radius fingerboard is another notable feature of this instrument. Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier to fret, the fingerboard flattens out in the higher register to make shredding a breeze! This also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends, making it a very practical design feature.
Fishman Fluence Pickups
This elegant instrument is powered by a pair of high-output Fishman Fluence Modern humbuckers. Capable of handling copious amounts of gain, it’s worth mentioning that they’re not simply one-trick ponies. That’s because these pickups also offer articulate and luscious tones with clean settings, especially when you use the push/pull selector that switches between modern ceramic and alnico magnet voicings.
Floyd Rose Tremolo
A double-locking licensed Floyd Rose tremolo will keep this guitar in tune incredibly well, no matter how extreme your divebombs might be. And with a recessed design, you can perform crazy flutters and over-the-top raised squealies; perfect for chaotic-sounding effects!
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Reverse Jackson 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Licensed Double-Locking Tremolo
- Bridge Pickup: Fishman Fluence Modern PRF-MHB-CB1
- Neck Pickup: Fishman Fluence Modern PRF-MHB-AB1
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone (with Push/Pull Selector)
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)