The Jackson CBXNT Bass IV is an incredible looking bass with high-quality components and a solid construction.
This 4-string bass has a light basswood body with a beautiful red flamed-maple top, so can play comfortably and stand out on stage. Also featuring a neck-through one piece maple neck with 24 jumbo frets and sharkfin inlays, Jackson have provided you with a solid and striking-looking instrument at an affordable price.
With Jackson High Output humbuckers and a 3-band EQ, this bass delivers some angry tones which are easy to dial in and tweak to your preferences.
A pair of Jackson-designed humbuckers deliver you a potent and full-bodied bass tone with plenty of punch. Combined with a 3-band EQ, you can perfect your bass tone by cutting or boosting certain frequencies so that the sound in your head is made a reality.
The Concert Bass IV has a basswood body - a tonewood that has a balanced sound with a solid low-end and mid-range push. The light weight of the body means you can play through an entire gig without feeling fatigue or strain on your back or shoulders.
The neck-through design gives you a warm sound and a substantial feel, allowing you to easily access all 24 frets. This construction also provides excellent sustain and clarity, and with the HiMass bridge you can hold onto notes with no sudden decay or loss of tone. The white binding and sharkfin inlays are an iconic Jackson look, so you have a sharp and expensive-looking bass for a great price.
Here’s what Jackson say about the CBXNT Bass IV:
Hold down the low end with the CBXNT IV, a highly versatile bass designed for one express purpose—bringing the thunder to your music. Upgraded electronics, classically brutal style and fast, efficient playability make this entry into the lineup a fundamental force to be reckoned with. Perfect for metal—or other styles that demand low, punchy bass—this instrument is an unbelievable value.
The heart of this beast is a pair of Jackson® High Output Humbucking Bass pickups mated to an active 3-band EQ circuit, adding punch, cut, rumble or grunt to your sound—shaping it with razor-sharp precision before it ever hits an amplifier. A Jackson HiMass™ bridge enhances note attack and sustain without altering your carefully crafted tone while the sealed die-cast tuning machines keep the strings in tune, no matter how hard you dig into them. The one-piece neck-through-body design generates formidable sustain while the Speed Neck contour and 12"-16" compound radius rosewood fingerboard make for lightning-fast playability.
Jackson’s darkly elegant aesthetics cap off this bass—black hardware, pearloid sharkfin inlays and the famous pointed 4-In-Line headstock create a look that’s simultaneously classic and current. The latest in technical bass innovations, the CBXNT IV is the perfect weapon for the musician who requires nothing less than the latest in high-performance bass technology.
- Model Name: X Series Concert™ Bass CBXNT IV, Rosewood Fingerboard, Transparent Red
- Model Number: 2916647590
- Series: X Series
- Color: Transparent Red
- Body Shape: Concert™ Bass
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck Backshape
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 4-In-Line
- Neck Plate: None
- Neck Finish: Gloss / Painted
- Fingerboard: Dark Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson® Humbucking Bass
- Neck Pickup: Jackson® High Output Humbucking Bass
- Controls: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, Bass, Mid, Treble
- Pickup Switching: 3-Band Active Tone Circuit
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Jackson® High Mass
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast Sealed
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Black Dome Style
- Strings: NPS, Gauges: .045, .065, .085, .100