The APE (or Analogue preamp experiment) is designed to take your creativity up a notch. It successfully recreates the old school, analogue section of vintage tape delays. Just like those originals, it runs at 22.5v too! However, one modern addition – the use of a DC to DC converter, allowing you to run with using standard 9V power supplies – ensures that it meets the needs of modern-day players.
- Not just a preamp: it recreates the complete original analogue circuit, from output to input.
- Loop: utilises the current signal running through the loop.
- Return: allows you to connect your digital delays output to the return and complete a looped delay.
- Send: connect your digital delays input to the send and start crafting a looped delay.
- Rec: inserting a digital delay into the loop allows you to increase the delays intensity, and control the gain level on the delayed notes.
- Repeats: insert your digital delay into the loop to take control of the repeats.
- Mix: insert a digital delay into the loop and control the wet and dry mix level.