iZotope BreakTweaker Futuristic Beat-making software
Download & Serial Number product
This item is out of stock. We can special order this item from our supplier.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 177 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Please note this is a download & serial number product. We will send you the details you need, plus a unique serial number after purchase. This is not a boxed product.
iZotope's brand new BreakTweaker drum machine soft synth is the future of beatmaking for DJs and producers. You don't just make beats, you fully engineer sounds. BreakTweaker's powerful editing tools and effects, combined with a hands-on, uniquely innovative workflow, allow you to drill right down to the dirty details, and create beats like you have never done before!
Here's what iZotope say about BreakTweaker Beat-making software
Make beats you've never heard before with this futuristic drum sculpting and beat sequencing machine
Designed by BT and developed by iZotope, BreakTweaker is not just a drum machine: it's a drum sculpting and beat sequencing machine that blurs the line between rhythm and melody.
Give your beats an evolving depth that gets better the longer they play. Use rhythmic slicing to drive everything from pitched melodic lines to sweeping rhythmic concoctions. Top it all off with the best drum sample library in existence, curated by BT, iZotope, and top producers today. Explore a new era of rhythmic possibilities with this forward-thinking and forward-sounding instrument.
- Manipulate audio at a molecular level: Reinvent any beat by controlling pitch, rhythm, and texture at the finest resolution on the market.
- Experiment with stunning content: Explore a full range of presets, drum samples, and wavetables designed by today´s top musicians and DJs, including BT.
- Invent completely new rhythms: Create complex polyrhythmic lines with unique isorhythm and playback speed settings.
- Craft the perfect drum sound: Blend drum samples with robust synthesizer features to create sounds that are the best of both worlds.
- Take control of your beats: Easily trigger and sequence complex patterns and samples using any MIDI controller.
What is BreakTweaker?
BreakTweaker is the beat machine of the future. Powered by three distinct modules, the Sequencer, the Generator, and the MicroEdit Engine, it’s a wildly creative rhythmic instrument that can be used with any DAW and MIDI controller. For instant gratification, get started with the diverse presets and content in the Factory Library, a showcase of BreakTweaker’s breadth and sonic capabilities. When you want to get deeper, break new sonic ground with BreakTweaker’s paradise of tweaky controls and settings.
Assemble pattern-based beats in the Sequencer, which features six tracks for layering your sounds. The Sequencer can store up to 24 different step patterns, launchable via MIDI for on-the fly remixing. Design beats that evolve over time with BreakTweaker’s advanced isorhythmic step sequencing, which makes it possible for each track to have a unique tempo and step length.
Sculpt new drum sounds and textures with the Generator. This powerful drum synthesis module defines the sounds for each Sequencer track. The Generator supports morphing wavetable synthesis or one-shot sample loading, polished off with dual-stage distortions and vintage-modeled filters. Four LFOs with unique wavetable shapes, and four Envelopes allow vast modulation possibilities for almost every single Generator parameter. As a bonus, every Sequencer track supports up to three Generators for developing even deeper sonic complexity.
The MicroEdit Engine
Once you’ve perfected the ultimate set of drum sounds and sequenced your patterns, it’s time for a whole new method of sound design. Enter the MicroEdit Engine. A “MicroEdit” is the division of a single step within your pattern into potentially thousands of slices. These slices can then be contoured and shaped to create harmonic, pitched, and rhythmic effects, resulting in new textures that add that extra spice to an evolving beat. By pushing the limits of the brain’s ability to perceive sound, the MicroEdit Engine blurs the line between rhythm and pitch, inspiring beats you’ve never heard before.
The Factory Library
Bringing sounds, patterns, and MicroEdits together into mind-boggling beats, the BreakTweaker Factory Library comes with over 80 global presets that are ready to kickstart your next project. The Factory Library also features over 2 GB of royalty-free sample content designed by electronic production pros. Specialising in a wide variety of percussive sounds, sample categories range from studio essentials like “Kick” and “Snare” to intriguing possibilities like “Glitch” and “Film”.
PLUS: Expand your sonic palette with BreakTweaker’s add-on Expansion libraries, suited to a variety of production styles. Experience analog punch with Vintage Machines, rhythmic tension and release with Cinematic Textures, and industry-defining percussion with Kicks & Snares by Beatport Sounds.
The Breaktweaker Story
With their creative forces combined, BT and iZotope bring you an instrument that will change the concept of rhythm, beat and drum programming as you know it.
A prolific composer, technologist, and GRAMMY® Award nominee, Brian Transeau (BT) is renowned for inventing the "stutter edit" as a musical technique, as found in Stutter Edit, the first product release from BT and iZotope.
BT and iZotope are now back again with BreakTweaker, featuring BT´s patented micro edit technology based on his pioneering rhythmic sound design research. Fascinated by the brain’s cognitive limits, BT has always been intrigued by the way we perceive rhythm, particularly the threshold point of where our ears perceive rhythm as pitch. The idea of exploring and exploiting this threshold inspired BreakTweaker, a tool where BT could finally realize rhythmic possibilities that he had once imagined but had never before been able to hear.
Who is it for?
BreakTweaker is for anyone looking to create truly original and dynamic beats, both drum-driven and melodic. It’s a new platform that inspires different people in different ways, and there’s nothing quite like it out there.
Get “that” drum sound. As a producer, you know the sonic signature of your music is an integral part of what makes it go off in the club. BreakTweaker offers you impactful building blocks for building thrilling beats, like kick and snare hits that have been carefully layered, tuned and synthesized by EDM pros from the Electronica, House, Trance and Dubstep worlds.
Give your beats new, fresh perspective. Whether you want to add BreakTweaker’s striking content library to your collection of drum and percussion samples, or find new ways to manipulate and reimagine your existing content, BreakTweaker is for you.
Create epic percussive rhythms. Combine the isorhythmic Sequencer, MicroEdit glitching, cinematic sample content, and MIDI triggering to create the intense musical effects that underpin many successful film and video game scores and trailers. BreakTweaker is a new breed of rhythmic compositional tool.
Traditional sequencing is so 1984. With BreakTweaker, you can slice and manipulate audio at a resolution that would blow MIDI’s mind (and your DAW’s). Thanks to the MicroEdit Engine within BreakTweaker, each step can be repeated or chopped at an infinitesimally small rate, allowing you to create buzzing musical harmony, texturize a step with extra rhythms, or even use rhythm as a synthesis tool, locking drum hits to individual pitches. Even the most ordinary of drum hits can be transformed into a thing of the future.
- Glitch and revolutionize any drum sample or rhythm with hi-res pitch, arp, and texture control—all the way down to a micro-slice level.
- Take a wild ride through the audio space/time continuum by dividing a single sequenced event into up to thousands of unique slices that pulse with sonic movement, as defined by Division, Pitch, Time or Speed.
- Create the most unique drum sound you’ve ever heard: add tension, slopes and curves to shape the contour and rotation of the slices, then apply additional FX.
- Quickly change the entire sound of a beat with the Randomize feature, which automatically MicroEdits the selected step in your Sequencer pattern.
Create Evolving Sequences
Whether you’re working with drums, bass, or abstract noises, BreakTweaker is driven by the patterns you define in the Sequencer. Freed from the constraints of a pre-defined time signature, BreakTweaker’s Sequencer can program anything from basic patterns to unique tracks of patterns with individual lengths and speeds.
- Build exciting beats with the 32-step Sequencer, with up to 24 patterns synced to your DAW. Launch, trigger, latch, and switch your way to full-fledged drum sample and synth productions.
- Evolve and transform your patterns by giving each Sequencer track a unique tempo and step length, allowing the entire beat pattern to develop into new musical ideas over time.
- Create entire productions, then route the individual Sequencer tracks to separate outputs for optimum mixing with BreakTweaker’s Multi-Out mode.
Explore Stunning Content
BreakTweaker comes with an extensive Factory Library of samples to choose from for building your next custom kit. Get the latest in cutting-edge drum sound design, as well as an entire suite of carefully produced classic sounds that no self-respecting drum library could be without. Why spend hours building the basics from scratch when BreakTweaker already has it all?
- Explore today´s top sounds, designed by today’s top musicians and DJs, including BT—available royalty free for use in BreakTweaker or your sampler of choice.
- Wield dubstep power with multi-layered kicks and snares for earth-shattering presence.
- Elicit cinematic drama with Booms and Hits, Metals, Cymbals and Bells, as well as Vocal Breath one-shots.
- Kickstart your next track with over 80 beat presets that showcase BreakTweaker’s power.
Sculpt Next-Gen Drum Sounds
The Generator is a powerful tool for drum synthesis. At its core are two Morphing Wavetable Oscillators—capable of reproducing anything from the simplest to the most complex sounds a synth can pump out. An entire library of custom waveforms by BT and other top producers gives you the building blocks you need to make compelling synthesized timbres.
- Sculpt the next generation of drum sounds with unique-sounding wavetables, including BT´s prized wavetables (never before available!).
- Go far beyond traditional synth textures—choose from five wavetable synthesis modes: Single, Additive, Ring Modulation, Amplitude Modulation (AM), or Frequency Modulation (FM).
- Morph and modulate away with quadruple LFO and Envelope modulation routing, perfect for adjusting pitch, wavetables, amplitude and more.
- Get a start on advanced drum design with inbuilt Generator presets that you can tweak and adjust to taste.
Make every step of your next track sound more exciting, more musical, and more dynamic. BreakTweaker’s custom-designed LFO and Envelope provide some of the most creative modulation you’ll find anywhere. Each modulation source can manipulate the settings of any Generator parameter, moving the parameter between a modulation range of two values.
- Modulate anything in the Generator window with one of four LFOs or Envelopes. Assign up to two Modulators per parameter to create new movement, add harmonics, and enhance your productions.
- Create previously unheard textures with innovative wavetable LFO control, featuring LFO shapes that have never before been available for synthesis.
To dirty up, filter down, spread out, or otherwise mangle your sound, BreakTweaker’s Generators come fortified with an array of distortion effects, as well as vintage-modeled New York and Tokyo filters for shaping your sound.
- Smooth samples and meld layers together with the custom-modeled, analog-style New York and Tokyo High Pass, Band Pass, and Low Pass filters.
- Distort, mangle and transform with dual-stage distortions inspired by the iZotope’s cult classic Trash 2, featuring algorithms such as Warm, Transistor, Hard, Digital, Raw, and Aliasing.
- Enhance width, add stereo space and create lush drum hits with individual Chorus effects for every sequenced step via the MicroEdit Engine.
Discover the Perfect Sound
The Discover feature in BreakTweaker is a novel way to narrow down your search for just the right drum sound. Powered by iZotope´s MediaMined™ technology, Discover will analyze and display similar-sounding samples when you’re browsing the Factory Library. No more scrolling endlessly through sample lists when your drum sound is close, but not perfect.
- Easily search the vast Factory Library with an audio intelligence engine that will match complementary drum sounds: not based on meta-data, but on actual musical analysis.
- Discover new sounds. Click “Discover” and you’ll instantly be shown intelligently-selected, similar-sounding drum hits from the BreakTweaker collection for quick auditioning.
- Windows: XP SP3 or later, x64, 7, 8
- Please note: The Discover feature requires an internet connection.
- Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later (Intel-based Macs only)
- Please note: The Discover feature requires an internet connection.
- Trade Doubler Group ID
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+