iZotope found a winning formula with the Spire Studio - a portable, all-in-one recording solution that allowed you to record, edit, and mix entirely on-the-go. And now we have the 2nd Generation Spire Studio which improves on the original with increased storage space, new preamps, Bluetooth connectivity and improved battery performance and display.
The Spire Studio is compact, rechargeable, and can connect wirelessly via Bluetooth making it the ideal solution for recording while you’re on the move. With 8 tracks to record with you can plug-in any instrument, layer vocals, and import beats to create a full song wherever you are. With over 8 hours of recording time there's plenty of space to get your ideas down onto tracks.
Spire Studio also features a range of tools to help your recordings sound their best. There’s no need to mess around with settings on the Spire Studio, you can just jump straight into recording with the Soundcheck feature. Soundcheck automatically sets your input level and shapes your tone based on your vocals/instrument. There are a range of effects included to alter your sounds and add a further level of polish. You also get an easy-to-use edit function for removing unwanted sections as well as a visual mixer to effortlessly adjust volume and pan tracks.
Take your recordings to the next level with Spire Pro which is free for 6 months for new Spire Studio owners on iOS. With Spire Pro you get personalised Soundcheck for next-level sculpting as well as the Tune effect for automatically tuning vocals using audio repair tech from iZotope’s award-winning RX. You also get exclusive royalty-free content like beats and backing tracks to import into your tracks and first access to continuous updates to recording features and exclusive, premium content.
- Intuitive control - Simple button and touch - sensitive LED controls on Spire Studio make recording quick and easy.
- Intelligent Soundcheck - In seconds, Soundcheck will set your levels, identify your voice or instrument, and sculpt your tone
- On-board microphone - A studio-grade omnidirectional condenser mic picks up crisp, clear audio without worrying about perfect mic placement.
- Dual combo inputs - Two XLR and ¼” inputs let you record with any mic and instrument.
- Custom preamps - Pristine clarity from custom designed preamps featuring better noise reduction than the first generation.
- Phantom power - 48V to power your favorite studio condenser mics.
- 4+ hour battery life - Rechargeable battery lets you capture ideas anywhere.
- Headphone outputs - Two 1/8" outputs so you and a friend can monitor while recording.
Pair Spire Studio with your mobile device and get access to much more:
- Creative effects - A toolbox of effects for vocals and instruments to give your tracks unique flavor.
- Edit in seconds - Easily select parts of tracks and trim unwanted audio.
- Visual mixer - Drag track icons up and down to adjust volume, left and right to pan as you build a soundscape.
- Enhance - Improve clarity and boost loudness in seconds with the help of iZotope’s Ozone mastering technology.
- Cloud sharing - Send projects to anyone via the cloud to download individual tracks that a producer can use in a DAW, listen to mixdowns, offer time-stamped notes and creative input on tracks, and open Spire project files to collaborate on.
- Publish - Share finished songs directly to your fans on SoundCloud or create a video file with your own cover photo to post on social media platforms like Instagram.
- Spire Pro and SoundCloud direct uploads require iOS operating system
- Weight: 1.6 lbs
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 4.4 x 3.4 inches
- Inputs: 2 XLR/TS combo jacks + 48v phantom power
- Preamps: Custom designed for improved RF rejection and increased headroom
- Outputs: 2 1/8" headphone jacks
- Sample Rate/Bit Depth: 48 kHz/24-bit
- WiFi/Bluetooth Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1 802.11 b/g/n with 2.4 GHz (Spire Studio pairs to mobile device)
- Power Supply: Universal 5v 2000mA power supply unit
- Internal Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery Life: 4+ hours
- Spire App Compatibility: iOS & Android mobile devices
Mobile Device Requirements
The Spire Music Recorder app and Spire Studio are compatible with 64-bit iOS devices running iOS 13 or higher, including those listed below and any newer iPad/iPhone models.
- iPhone 8 or higher
- iPad Pro
- iPad (5th generation or higher)
- iPad mini (5th generation or higher)
- iPad mini 2 or higher
- iPad Air 2 or higher
The Spire Studio Controller app for Android requires pairing with Spire Studio hardware. It is officially tested and supported on Samsung Galaxy S series phones from the S8 and above, as well as Google Pixel 3 or newer.