The TMB100 bass from Ibanez is affordable, stylish and punches well above its weight.
The Talman shape is a fairly understated Ibanez design, but has a lot of vintage-inspired character. In a sharp mint green finish, you can be sure to turn heads at gigs, whilst the burgundy pearloid pickguard adds to the old-school aesthetic.
The large flower-style tuning pegs also capture that classic vibe, and offer a substantial feel when you tune up.
Featuring a P/J pickup configuration, you can be sure to nail a range of different tones. The Ibanez-designed Dynamix pickups offer you a punchy and vintage sound, with a rich and stable low-end.
A 2-band active EQ also allows you to sculpt your perfect bass tone. You can cut out some muddy low frequencies for a clearer sound, or decrease the upper mids for a smoother jazz or blues tone.
Here's what Ibanez say about the TMB100-MGR:
The new Talman bass series combines the re-emergence of a historic Ibanez body shape with powerful genre-hopping versatility.
TMB electronic system paves the road to a variety of classic tones.
The Ibanez DXP neck pickup and DXJ bridge pickup provide the rich, vintage sound.
Ibanez Custom Electronics 2-band EQ
Ibanez Custom Electronics 2-band active EQ offers a variety of tonal options.
The neck back of TMB is gloss-finished for the vintage feel.
- neck type TMB4 Maple neck
- body Mahogany body
- fretboard Rosewood fretboard w/White dot inlay
- fret Medium frets
- number of frets 20
- bridge Std. bridge (19mm string spacing)
- neck pickup Dynamix P neck pickup (Passive)
- bridge pickup Dynamix J bridge pickup (Passive)
- equaliser Ibanez Custom Electronics 2-band EQ
- factory tuning 1G, 2D, 3A, 4E
- string gauge .045/.065/.085/.105
- hardware color Chrome
- Scale: 864mm/34"
- a : Width 41mm at NUT
- b : Width 62mm at 20F
- c : Thickness 21.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 24.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 240mmR