The Ibanez SR650 is a modern bass ready and waiting to suit any contemporary player. For over 30 years, the SR has been Ibanez’s staple bass shape, always pushing the boundaries of versatility and undeniably smooth playability.
The SR650 houses a custom electronics preamp inside its Ash body. Controls include bass, treble and mids boost and cut knobs, as well as a frequency selector and balancer. This lets you shape the sound exactly how you want, to any style of music or position in a mix. It’s equipped with P/J style Nordstrand CND pickups to provide serious clarity and attack. The Humbucker in the bridge position delivers the punch while the single coil in the neck offers supreme versatility.
Tinker with the SR to suit your playing style and needs. The large cutaway to the body just before the neck allows for easy access to the truss rod. While the bridge utilises adjustable saddles, letting you change the distance between each string. Play seamlessly down the smooth five-piece Jatoba and Walnut neck any bassist would find comfortable. The body is lightweight and ergonomic, giving the SR650 a high-quality playing experience.
- Neck type: SR4 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck
- Body: Ash body
- Fretboard: Jatoba fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay
- Frets: Medium frets
- Bridge: Accu-cast B500 bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Pickups: Nordstrand™ CND P neck pickup, Nordstrand™ CND J bridge pickup
- Equalizer: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) & 3-way Mid frequency switch
- Hardware color: Black matte