Ibanez basses rock! With their slim necks & powerful pickups, the Ibanez basses not only looks great, but they play & sounds great too. All these great designs and for prices that'll blow you away almost as much as the basses do! Just look at some of the guys playing Ibanez basses - Sharlee D'Angelo (Arch Enemy), Mike D'Antonio (Killswitch Engage), Fieldy (Korn), Paul Gray (Slipknot), Paul Romanko (Shadows Fall) - I think you get the picture!
Here's what Ibanez say about the SR500
For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
- Neck type: SR4 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck
- Body: Mahogany body
- Fretboard: Jatoba fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay
- Fret: Medium frets
- Bridge: Accu-cast B300 bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Neck pickup: Bartolini® MK-1 neck pickup (Passive)
- Bridge pickup: Bartolini® MK-1 bridge pickup (Passive)
- Equalizer: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/Mid frequency switch
- Hardware colour: Cosmo black