Joe Satriani & Ibanez is up there with the Slash/Les Paul or Angus Young/SG combo – one of the all-time great guitar partnerships. The JS2480 is one of the latest iterations, offering typically eye-catching aesthetics, unbelievable playability and plenty of onboard tonal tweaking tools.
Body & Neck
Ibanez have opted for Basswood for the body, meaning lightweight feel with ergonomic curves (and a deeper cutaway). Basswood also provides a flat, balanced sound – so you can sculpt your own tone just the way you like it.
For the neck, a 3-piece Maple/Bubinga combo provides durability, smooth feel and plenty of top-end detail. A Rosewood fretboard rounds it off with a little extra warmth. 24 medium frets and a familiar 25.5” scale-length ensures that the JS2480 is a precision instrument through and through.
Hardware & Electronics
The pickup and electronics combination is arguably where this guitar really shines. It features Satriani’s specially developed Satchur8 pickup, designed to amplify every ounce of fatness across all frequencies. A Sustainiac pickup gives you unique sustained tones, violin-style. Choose between fundamental, harmonic or a mixture of the two.
Finally, a high-pass filter is built into the volume control, so you can retain all of the top-end sparkle, whatever your volume.
- 3-piece Maple/Bubinga neck
- High-pass filter built into volume pot
- JS/Edge tremolo as originally favoured by Satriani
- 3-way Sustainiac mode selector
- DiMarzio Satchur8 pickup
- Eye-popping Muscle Car Red finish
- Basswood body
- 3-Piece Maple / Bubinga neck (Guibourtia demeusei)
- Rosewood fretboard (Dalbergia Latifolia)
- JS neck profile
- 24 Medium frets
- Scale: 648 mm (25.5")
- Pickup: 1 Sustaniac Driver (neck) and 1 DiMarzio The Satchur8 humbucker (bridge)
- Sustainiac switch in tone control (push/pull)
- Hi-Pass filter in volume control (push/pull)
- 3-Way Sustainiac switch
- Edge tremolo
- Chrome hardware
- Hardcase included