Ibanez are renowned for their huge and established electric guitar range, however they also boast a world-class acoustic line that can keep up with the very best. The Artwood series is a mid-priced range, however their modest prices are not indicative of their quality, as they punch well above their weight!
The AVD60-NT is part of the Vintage Thermo Aged line, with its tonewoods undergoing a baking process that dries the wood. This basically gives the feel and sound of an old vintage acoustic instrument (hence the name), producing a richer tone with improved projection.
With Mahogany back and sides, you can feel assured that this instrument provides a great level of tonal depth and resonance. An Adirondack Spruce top brings in some upper mid-range clarity, giving finger-picked arpeggios all of the beautiful volume and definition they'd need to cut through in a mix.
The beautiful body woods are joined with a Mahogany neck, offering a substantial yet comfortable feel. Adorned with a Cultured Maple fretboard, this gives a smooth touch under the fingers, with elegant Abalone dot inlays ensuring that you always know where you are.
Here's what Ibanez say about the AVD60-NT Acoustic Guitar in Natural High Gloss:
The Artwood Vintage series now showcases another vintage element by applying an "aging" process to the tonewood : "Thermo Aged™" tone wood, made by a special drying process at a high temperature which is commonly known as "baking" or "torrefaction."
- Body shape: Dreadnought
- Top: Thermo Aged™ Solid AA Adirondack Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing: Thermo Aged & trade; Spruce X
- Neck: Mahogany Soft-V shape w/Diamond volute
- Fretboard: Cultured Maple
- Bridge: Cultured Maple
- Body binding: Tortoiseshell
- Top board purfling: Wooden multi
- Inlay: Abalone dot
- Soundhole rosette: Wooden multi
- Tuning machine: Grover® Chrome Open Gear w/Butterbean knobs (18:1 gear ratio)
- Nut material: Unbleached Oil-impregnated Bone
- Number of frets: 20
- Saddle material: Unbleached Oil-impregnated Bone nut & saddle
- Bridge pins: Ibanez Advantage™ bridge pins
- Strings: D'Addario® EXP™ strings
- Finish top: Gloss
- Finish back and sides: Gloss
- Finish neck back: Satin