Fifteen studio albums, eleven live albums, four EPs, and seven compilations…. All led by the guitar of one man, Mr Dave Murray. The Dave Murray California Series Stratocaster is inspired by Murray's long-time onstage go-to guitar. Iron Maiden have one of the most recognizable sounds in British rock history, thanks in no small part to the chugging chords and screaming leads of co-founder Murray.
Lock In Tune
With a Floyd Rose R3 Locking nut your strings are held firmly in place, great for keeping string tension tight in drop tunings. You can really dig in with your pick and wail on the Floyd Rose Tremelo without pulling yourself out of tune. You'll sound better on stage and spend less time retuning between songs.
Hot Pickup action
Onstage with Maiden, Dave Murray relies on Seymour Duncan pickups to give him that screaming tone that cuts through the mix. The Hot Rod, fitted in the bridge and neck, are the highest output pickups Seymour Duncan make. The two thin blades, strong ceramic magnet and powerful coil windings give you the incredible sustain and a fat, full sound that's needed for playing heavier rock music and responds to the subtlest finger movements. In the middle position the JB Jr. gives you the character of a humbucker in a single-coil size. Its adjustable pole pieces more closely emulate the magnetic field of a full size humbucker and allow you to fine tune the balance of your strings. You can expect great harmonics and a sweet high-end. Compared to Hot Rails, the output is reduced and there's more treble response.
The personal touch.
Fender have always worked hand in hand with musicians. The Artist Series aims to capture the tone and spirit of the world's best players and put it in your hands. Inspired and guided by the artist's themselves from conception to sale you get a guitar that lets you try out the setup that helped make them great. What will you do with it?
Here's what Fender have to say about the Dave Murray Signature.
Fender and Dave Murray have collaborated on yet another ferocious signature model for the longtime Iron Maiden guitarist. The Dave Murray California Series Stratocaster is inspired by Murray's longtime onstage go-to guitar, combining time-honored Strat tradition with the modern roar of three Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups, the fast feel of a compound-radius fingerboard, and the high performance reliability of a Floyd Rose bridge and nut.
- Series: Artist
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5"-14" Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
- Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose R3 Locking, 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Original Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan Hot Rails for Strat SHR-1B (Bridge) Seymour Duncan JB Jr.v SJBJ-1N (Middle) Seymour Duncan Hot Rails for Strat SHR-1N (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Pickguard: 4-Ply White Pearloid
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag