Gretsch are renowned for their classy, vintage-style instruments, boasting unique tones and discernible aesthetics. The G5230LH Electromatic Solid Body Jet is a guitar that encompasses all of Gretsch's signature traits, but modernised to suit today's players looking for something more versatile and functional as an instrument.
Body & Neck
The Jet has always been a guitar formed predominantly from Mahogany, and the G5230LH is no exception. In contrast to the bright-sounding pickups, the rich and deep tones offered by Mahogany help to ensure a balanced sound across the frequency spectrum.
However, as Mahogany is typically a heavy tonewood, one modern refinement that Gretsch has made to this model is to chamber its body. This not only lessens the weight of the instrument, but also improves its resonance and sonics, for a more airy tone and an enhanced mid-range. Topped with Maple to bring in some vibrant top-end, the G5230LH deliver a very full sound as a whole.
A Mahogany neck gives a substantial feel, with its density ensuring great stability; less inclined to warp in varying temperatures. Adorned with a laurel fingerboard, this elegant wood gives a smooth feel under the fingers, with 22 frets and the lower cutaway offering access to the higher register.
Synonymous with Gretsch, the G5230LH features a set of Black Top Filter’Tron pickups. These distinctive-sounding pickups give a super-clear tone with plenty of presence and sparkle. If you're playing in a busy mix, these pickups will ensure that you cut through, clean or with overdrive.
- Series: Gretsch® Electromatic Collection
- Body Material: Mahogany with Maple Top
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 10.25” (260 mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.46” (340 mm)
- Waist: 8.5” (216 mm)
- Neck: Mahogany, Thin “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Diecast with Round Button
- Scale Length: 24.6” (625 mm)
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: Gretsch® “V” Stoptail
- Pickguard: Black Plexi with White Gretsch® Logo
- Pickups: Black Top™ Filter’Tron™
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge AndNeck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master ToneControl Knobs:G-Arrow
- Hardware: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .010-.046