The Jet is a classic design in the Gretsch range that remains relevant today. The G5220 Jet BT with V-Stoptail gives you classic tones and looks that you can only find on a Gretsch. This Electromatic model strikes a great balance between quality, tone, and value for an impressive guitar at this price point!
Body and Neck
The G5220 Jet uses the tried and tested formula of a mahogany body with a maple top. This combo provides the guitar with a warm tone with plenty of sustain and attack. Jets have historically been chambered and this one continues that tradition. This chambering provides the Jet with a very open, resonant tone that provides a unique dynamic to your sound that really complements almost any genre.
The neck on the guitar is comfortable to play thanks to a few things. The thin “U” profile neck has rounded shoulders which is great for playing chords and wrapping your thumb around the neck, but the thinner profile makes it less cumbersome than a traditional “U” shape neck. The fingerboard radius is 12” which is flat enough to comfortably play single note runs and solos but not to the point where it might make playing chords more difficult.
Electronics and Hardware
The Black Top Broad’Tron pickups are well balanced and more of a traditional humbucker design than the traditional Filter’Trons. Broad’Trons sacrifice a bit of articulation in exchange for a more powerful and balanced tone but still have impressive definition for a humbucker. Broad’Trons sound great clean playing jazz and blues-y genres and really come alive when you turn up the gain for some punchier rock styles.
- Body Material: Chambered Mahogany
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 10.25” (260 mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.375” (340 mm)
- Waist: 8.5” (216 mm)
- Neck: Mahogany, Thin “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Big Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast, Chrome
- Scale Length: 24.6” (625 mm)
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: Gretsch® V-Stoptail
- Pickguard: Silver Plexi w/ Black Gretsch® Logo