- 1 x Stagg Rise & Fall Piano Stool with Velvet Top in Matt Black
Casio's Grand Hybrid Pianos offer the cutting edge of Digital Piano Technology today. Combining the inner workings of a real grand piano with the modern technology and compact nature a Digital piano offers, you truly get the best of both worlds!
To offer the ultimate pianistic experience, Casio have collaborated with legendary acoustic piano makers. Like Steinway, Bosendorfer and Yamaha, Bechstein have for many decades been one of the leading lights in acoustic piano design, and they bring over 150 years of experience to the Grand Hybrid pianos.
The Bechstein GP-300 offers the entry point into Casio's Grand Hybrid instruments, and combined with a plush Piano stool and some high quality headphones, this bundle offers the perfect package for the home.
Bechstein Hammer Action- The Real Deal
"We believe we have crafted a sensational Digital Piano we can be very proud of" Werner Albrecht - Master Piano Maker at C.Bechstein.
Using this fantastic collaboration, Casio's Grand Hybrid Pianos have the full length, Wooden hammer action mechanism of a Bechstein acoustic piano on each key. The only major difference is that instead of hitting a string the hammer hits a sensitive contact point.
Many digital pianos claim to have a "hammer Action" keybed, but in reality it is either simulated, or the design has to be compromised in some way to fit into the cabinet of a digital piano. The Casio Grand hybrid has not had to make any of these compromises.
This essentially means that you not only get the proper weight of a hammer key, but you also get to feel the natural and unique response of how the hammer mechanism works- something that just cant be recreated any other way. All these subtle elements all feedback into the key and into your fingers, giving you the perfect feel and expressive control of your performances.
After the feel, the other important element to get right in the Grand Hybrid is the Tone of the instrument. For this, Casio have brought their fantastic AiR (Acoustic and intelligent Resonator) Grand Sound Source Technology to offer three of the world’s finest grand pianos. Dubbed the Berlin, Hamburg, and Vienna Grands, each one is the result of countless hours of precise analysis and study of their unique characteristics. They are faithful and expressive recreations of these distinctive pianos. The Berlin Grand is actually based on Bechstein's Piano
Casio’s new AiR Grand Sound Source provides not just one, but three of the world’s finest grand pianos. Dubbed the Berlin, Hamburg, and Vienna Grands, each one is the result of countless hours of precise analysis and study of their unique characteristics. They are faithful and expressive recreations of these distinctive pianos. with the Berlin Grand sound having been developed in collaboration with C. Bechstein. String/damper resonance, mechanical sounds, and other subtle nuances complete the experience of owning three of the finest pianos on Earth.
Grand Acoustic System
The Final Element that brings these world class grand pianos to life is Casio's Grand Acoustic System. No matter how amazing the sampled pianos are, If you just playing the tones over a stereo pair of monitors, there will always be a part of your brain that will sense that a recording is being played as your ears can tell where the sounds are coming from.
To combat this, Casio have created the grand acoustic system, which uses a series of 6 speakers that are placed in specific places within the piano cabinet. This recreates the 3 dimensional way the tone eminates from the soundboard of a real piano, filling the room with a rich and complex sound.
Although the Grand Hybrid is designed to offer the piano purist a simple and elegent digital instrument, it doesn't mean it cant have a few tricks up its sleeve.
In addition to the instrument's range of realistic piano tones, the GP-300 has a "concert play" function, featuring 15 Fully recorded orchestral pieces that you can play along to. You're able to practice at slow tempos and a full orchestra will encourage you to keep going, even when you make mistakes. Then, when you're ready you can perform at full tempo to your friends, and enjoy the feeling of playing along with other instruments. You get all the sheet music included with the instrument.
"Good enough for Benjamin Grosvenor, good enough for the rest of us"
Sound on Sound
Capture the sound and feel of a real concert grand like never seen before"
Graham Fitch (ABRSM Examiner,/Royal Welsh College of Music)
"I was especially impressed how the piano felt, the action was very responsive and solid.....a real pleasure to play"
- Touch Response: 5 Sensitivity levels / Off
- Key surface finish: White Keys : Acrylic (PMMA)
- Black Keys : Phenol (Bakelite)
Same materials as what is used for popular grand pianos
- Hammer Action: Natural Grand Hammer Action
- Number of sensors: 3
- Sound Source: AiR Grand Sound Source
- Max. Polyphony: 256
- Number of Built-in Tones: 26
- Number of direct tone select buttons: 3
- Duet Mode : Yes
- Layer : Yes
- Split : Yes
- Octave Shift : Yes
- Hammer Response : Yes (OFF,10 Levels)
- Damper Resonance : Yes (OFF,10 Levels)
- String Resonance : Yes (OFF,10 Levels)
- Lid Simulator : Yes (4 Levels)
- Key Off Simulator : Yes
- Damper Noise : Yes (OFF,10 Levels)
- Pedal Action Noise
- Key On Action Noise
- Key Off Action Noise
- Hall Simulator / Reverb : OFF,12 types x 4 positions (Hall Simulator)
- Chorus : OFF,4 types
- Brilliance : 3~0~3
- DSP: Yes (Preset for some tones)
- Key Transpose: 2 octaves (-12 semitones ~ 0 ~ +12 semitones)
- Tuning Control: A4 = 415.5Hz ~ 440.0Hz ~ 465.9Hz
- Scale Function: 17
- Number of Preset Songs : 60
- User Songs: 10
- Capacity for User Songs: Approx. 900KB (Up to approx. 90KB/song)
- Controller: FF, REW, PAUSE, REPEAT, TEMPO DOWN
- Part ON/OFF: Left, Right
- Concert Play: Yes (15 songs)
- Controller: FF, REW, PAUSE, STOP, REPEAT, TEMPO DOWN
- Mode: Listen, Play
- Demo Songs : 6 (Tone Demo)
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Setting : 20 ~ 255BPM
- MIDI Recorder : Yes (Real Time Rec, 5000 notes
- Number of Tracks/Songs : 1 song, 2 tracks
- Controller : FF, REW, PAUSE, STOP, REPEAT, TEMPO CHANGE
- Audio Recording/Playback : 99 songs maximum, approximately 25 min./song (to USB flash drive, 44.1 kHz Stereo WAV format)
- Controller : FF, REW, PAUSE, STOP, REPEAT
- Operation Lock : Yes
- Pedals : 3 built-in pedals (damper, soft, sostenuto)
- Half-Damper pedal Operation : Yes (continuous)
- Half pedal position : -2~0~2
- Display : Full-dot LCD with backlight
- Top Board Open / Close : Yes
- Grand Acoustic System : Yes
- Volume Sync : EQ Yes
- Speakers : 6.3"x 2 + 3.9" x 2 + 2" x 2
- 3-Way, 6 Speakers
- Amplifiers : 30W x 2 + 20W x 2
- Power Source : DC 24V
- Power Supply : AC Adapter : AD-E24500LW
- Auto Power Off : Yes
- Power Consumption : 38 W
- USB port (to Host) : Yes
- USB flash drive port : Yes
- MIDI IN/OUT : Yes
- PHONES / OUTPUT : 2 (Stereo standard jack)
- LINE IN : 2 (L / MONO, R), Standard jack
- LINE OUT : 2 (L / MONO, R), Standard jack
- Headphone mode : Yes
- Score Stand : Yes
- Score Book : Yes
- AC Adapter : Yes (AD-E24500LW)
- Headphone Hook : Yes
- 56.5" x 19.3"x 37.9" (w/o score stand)
- 170.9 lbs