The Starcaster is arguably one of Fender’s boldest designs. Its striking offset semi-hollow design stuck out like a sore thumb among the classic Fender staples.
Now, Squier have given the semi-hollow Starcaster the Contemporary Series treatment: active ceramic pickups, a satin C-shaped neck and a gnarly matte finish. A rock ‘n’ roll instrument to the core with an accessible price point – what’s not to love?
- Sealed semi-hollow body for resonant tones
- All-Maple construction for crystal-clear treble response
- Active Squier SQR ceramic pickups offer a cutting-edge contemporary sound
- Speedy 12” radius with C-shape neck
- Black chrome hardware for a slick aesthetic
- Matte finish with matching headstock strip
Here’s what Fender say:
The Starcaster broke the mold of semi-hollow guitar design with its offset body shape when it was introduced in the ‘70s, offering versatile sounds and out-of-this-world styling for the most adventurous players.
The Contemporary Active Starcaster is an evolution of the original Fender model, engineered with a sealed semi-hollow body for minimized feedback and powered by dual Squier SQR active ceramic humbucking pickups for high-output tone. Player-friendly features include a slim, comfortable “C” shaped neck profile with a fast-playing 12” radius fingerboard and narrow-tall frets, as well as a stop tailpiece for solid tuning stability.
This Squier model also features a matching painted headstock contour, black chrome-plated hardware and a smooth satin neck finish for a natural feel.
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Matte Urethane
- Body Shape: Starcaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Squier SQR Ceramic Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Squier SQR Ceramic Humbucker
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Hardware Finish: Black Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast Sealed
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Bridge: Adjustable with Stop Tailpiece
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges