Hamstead Artist 20+RT Head in BlackBritish-made, all-valve boutique amp head
The Hamstead Artist 20+RT Head is a high-end, boutique-style valve amplifier that fully encompasses that timeless British rock sound. With its classy, old-school aesthetics, the Artist 20+RT is actually far more versatile than its appearance suggests.
The Hamstead Artist 20+RT provides that unmistakable 60s UK clean sound with amazing conviction. Boasting crystal-clear highs whilst remaining full-bodied and rich, thanks in part to its EL34 power tubes, the cleans projected from this amp are particularly chimey and vibrant when used in conjunction with a single-coil loaded guitar, especially when plugged into the amp's 'lo' input.
Using the 'hi' input can really change the tonal character of this amp however. Providing more output and gain, you can easily attain focused and mid-range heavy overdrive tones when you crank the amp's dedicated gain control. If you're using an instrument with humbuckers, you can really stretch this amplifier's legs and take it into hard rock territory.
Retaining the spirit of vintage amplifiers, alongside its tweakable 2-band EQ section, the Hamstead Artist 20+RT Head also boasts built-in spring reverb and tremolo effects. With depth controls for each, you can mix in the preferred amount of effect, from subtle to extreme. With a speed control for the tremolo as you would expect, the reverb section has a versatile tone control that can let you brighten the sound of the trail.
With its single-channel design, the Artist 20+RT can serve as the perfect platform for your pedals. Not only taking drive and distortion pedals very well through the front end, with a line level series FX loop, you can achieve even more flexibility. Letting you place modulation and time-based effects between the preamp and power amp, with this circuitry you can engage your effects without losing volume or affecting the amp's base tonal characteristics.
Including a 4-way footswitch, you can take full advantage and control of this amp's features literally at your feet. Allowing you to engage the reverb and tremolo effects, you can also bypass the effects loop section if you want to efficiently turn off multiple pedals placed in the loop at once. The voice footswitch is the most interesting however, essentially adding slightly more gain and treble to your tone for solos.
Here's What Hamstead Say About The Artist 20+RT Series:
The Single Channel Masterpiece
The one that started it all. Our fresh approach to amplifier design led to the creation of something very special: Artist 20+RT. This amplifier encompasses maximum tonal versatility, without compromising on tonal quality; delivering everything from shimmering cleans to warm, natural, harmonically rich overdriven tones. It's powerful, portable, and works brilliantly with pedals and guitars of all types.
- Output Valves: 2 x EL34 Class AB
- Preamp Valves: 3 x ECC83 (12AX7)
- Controls: Gain, Bass, Treble, Reverb Depth, Reverb Tone, Tremolo Depth, Tremolo Speed, Master Volume
- Output Power Modes: 20w / 7w / 2w
- Reverb: Long Spring Delay
- Voice Boost: Mid-Upper Boost with 3 settings (2 /3.5 / 5 dB)
- FX: Line Level Series FX Loop
- Footswitch: 4-Way to control Voice, Reverb, Tremolo, FX
- Gain Switch Lo/Hi Gain Modes
- Construction: Marine-Grade Birch Ply
- Inputs: 2 - Lo & Hi
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x 8 ohm, 2 x 16 Ohm
- Line Voltage: 230v or 115v (Switchable)
- Warranty: 5 Years (Excludes Speaker & Valves)
- Dimensions: 54w x 30h x 26d cm (Inc. Feet & Handle)
- Weight: 14.5kg.
Next Delivery Due: Friday, 22 February 2019
Not currently in stock. We have ordered stock of this item.
- Order now & we will ship to you as soon as we receive stock.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Estimated arrival date: Friday, 22 February 2019
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery