With the Shure GLX-D16 Beta Shure have created a top class guitar wireless system with a some really clever and well thought out features. The first and most obvious feature is the pedalboard receiver: easily mistaken for a tuner pedal (it does actually have a tuner function!) the receiver sits on your pedal board with a mute footswitch and can even be powered by your normal pedalboard power supply! The GLX-D16 uses 2.4Ghz Digital Wireless technology for licence-free use and up to 8 units can be used simultaneously (in manual mode) while in Automatic mode the GLX-D16 will hop intelligently between frequencies to avoid interference without interrupting the audio signal!
- GLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter
- GLXD6 Pedal Receiver
- WA305 Premium Bodypack to guitar locking cable
Here's what Shure say about the GLX-D16 Beta Guitar Wireless System
WHAT RECEIVER COMES WITH THE BETA DIGITAL WIRELESS GUITAR PEDAL SYSTEM?
The Beta Digital Wireless Guitar System comes with the Digital Wireless Pedal Receiver GLXD6. The rugged metal chassis guitar pedal for easy mounting on and powering from pedal boards provides true digital diversity for a rock-solid wireless signal.
The highly visible LED display enables for sophisticated strobe and meter tuning while mute or live. It combines automatic frequency management with true digital diversity for a rock-solid wireless signal with exceptional digital audio clarity. Shure proprietary Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries provide up to 16 hours of continuous use.
HOW DOES THE AUTOMATIC FREQUENCY MANAGEMENT WORK?
The Digital Wireless System feature LINKFREQ, an Automatic Frequency Management, making it easy to rely on seamless, crystal-clear audio.
- The receiver continuously analyses the available frequency spectrum.
- The receiver and transmitter automatically link using the best set of available frequencies.
- If interference occurs, the receiver and transmitter intelligently move together to the best open frequencies, without ANY audio interruption.
It’s that simple. No buttons to push or controls to adjust.
HOW MANY MUSICIANS CAN USE THIS SYSTEM SIMULTANEOUSLY?
- In “Automatic mode” (with LINKFREQ enabled) up to 5 systems can be run in parallel.
- In “Manual mode” (with LINKFREQ disabled) up to 8 systems can be run in parallel.
HOW IS THE HANDLING OF THE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES?
Shure proprietary Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries provide up to 16 hours of continuous use. Transmitter runtime is 1.5 hours with only 15 minutes of charging, (3.0 h in 30 min. / 6.0 h in 60 min. / 16 h in 3 h)
IS THE SYSTEM LICENSE-FREE?
Yes, it operates in the 2.4 GHz frequency band and is globally license-free.