Seymour Duncan have been making pedals for quite a while now but recently they have been remaking, revamping and redesigning some of their classics to fit the needs of the modern guitarist. The latest pedal to get this treatment is the Shape Shifter Tremolo. Fitted into a new compact and very purple case this stereo delay is ready to rock your pedal board.
Great Level of Control
Nothing controls like a Seymour Duncan pedal, they really do want to give you all of the control over your pedals. So with the Shape shifter you can control not only the standard wave and depth but also the shape of the wave, speed, tap tempo and phase. The control that sets this pedal apart though is the ratio/rate switch which allows you to be able to select if you want the run as a ratio of the tap tempo input or as a straight forward speed cycle. So if you need something that is running exactly one ,two, three or four times every beat you can without having to fiddle with the speed finding the exact frequency.
Versatile Sounds Through Transparency
Not all pedals sound the same. While some will colour your sound to achieve a certain tone some pedals like the Shape Shifter work with your tone so you can still use your sound. Because of this transparency you can use this pedal with any kind of sound and still get the killer tremolo effect you have been looking for.
You can even mold the shape of the wave to have either a longer attack and a shorter decay or vice versa all with the turn of a single knob. This is great for when you want to use a tremolo sound that is truly yours.
- Depth control is continuously adjustable from 0 to 30dB
- Rate adjusts from 0.5 to 15 Beats per second for accuracy
- Change functionality of Rate Control from linear adjustment to a multiplication factor for tap tempo
- Shape is continuously adjustable from 10% to 90% for a little or a lot
- Wave is adjustable from sine to triangle to square waves and everything in between
- Phase control lets you adjust phase between left and right output channels from 0 degrees to 180 degrees
- Pedal Type: Tremolo
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4"
- Batteries: 1 x 9V or 9V Regulated DC Adapter
- Height: 1.6"
- Width: 4.7"
- Depth: 3.5"
- Weight: 0.9 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: 11900-005