Electro Harmonix Ring Thing Ring Modulator Pedal
Yes, it's a ring modulator. No, it doesn't sound useless. Of all the ring modulators on the market, this is probably the most musical sounding, and will probably pave the way for ring modulation to be used in mainstream music, including your songs maybe!
This pedal will do pitch shifting, preset tuning, selectable waveforms and allows external control so you can create an amazing array of different sounds. For those guitarists out there that always fancied themselves programming the synths, this pedal is for you! Off-the-wall, yet incredibly inventive and strangely musical.
- "While the Ring Thing may seem a little complex to set up, that complexity is the key to its sonic versatility and the nuance that's available when dialling-in a sound"
- "It might not be a pedal that you use in every song, but the Ring Thing is a versatile sonic resource - a schizophrenic stompbox that can make your guitar nasty, metallic and industrial or , with low settings of the blend knob, sprinkle some sparkly fairy dust on it."
Here's what Electro Harmonix say about the Ring Thing
The Ring Thing presents state of the art modulation control allowing the user to explore a new sonic world that is both familiar and inventive. Complex modulations with interactive parameters create any sound your mind can imagine. From metallic sweeps to subtle color changes to unique and limitless modulations, the Ring Thing will become your sonic dream machine.
Articulate pitch shifting, preset tuning, selectable waveforms and external control delivers sound designer mystery, with a Rock and Roll edge.
- Multi-wave selection for modulation and Ring Mod
- Low pass Filter for Ring Mod and single side band modes
- Fine and depth control for frequency select and amount
- Tune switch to adjust frequency to your pitch
- Upper and lower sideband isolation
- High quality whammy style effects with expression pedal
- Pitch shifting with pitch modulation and vibrato
- Fully programmable