The ROOMS pedal from Death by Audio is not just any stereo reverb pedal. Its multi-functions deliver a true volume assault and all encompassing, gated tones. You’ll be able to craft extensive, evolving ambiences in absolutely no time at all via the simple, yet smart range of controls.
Designed for Live
Death by Audio developed this pedal to thrive in live situations. A flexible architecture and impressive audio fidelity ensure you can craft reverb to suit any scenario. Select from six contrasting settings – Gong; Wave; Gate; Peak and Digit – to build your ideal sound. Using the onboard studio-grade mixer, you can then affect each with dedicated FX and dry controls.
Stereo & Mono Variety
Dual-mono signal lines paired with I/O switching encourages a shed-load of creative possibilities. Configure the pedal in stereo or mono for intuitive route signalling. This is extremely useful for stereo amp layouts and parallel processing in particular.
Here’s What Death by Audio Say About ROOMS:
- FREQ: Controls the frequency parameter of the current mode.
- DEPTH: Controls the depth parameter of the current mode.
- TIME: Controls the reverb time in all modes.
- DRY: Controls the volume of the dry signal, from -inf to 20x gain.
- FX: Controls the volume of the reverb signal, from -inf to 20x gain.
- ALT: Engages the ALT mode, switching between two sets of controls. When active, FREQ is controlled with the F knob, DEPTH with the D knob, and TIME with the T knob. Additionally, the ALT mode turns on expression control of either FREQ or TIME using the F<->T Switch on the side of the pedal. NOTE: Expression control ONLY works in ALT mode and when an expression pedal is plugged in.
Modes and Parameters
FREQ knob: DEPTH knob
1 - ROOM: Tone of Decay: Pre-Delay - A classic reverb that simulates many different rooms.
2 - DIGIT: Delay Time: Delay Feedback - A filter matrix verb capable of creating otherworldly resonances and fractured repeats.
3 - PEAK: Filter Frequency: Filter Resonance - A super intense bandpass filter combined with an ambient reverb.
4 - GATE: Decay Tone: Gate Response Time - A gated reverb. Short reverb times create a classic gate effect, long reverb times create a controllable freeze effect.
5 - WAVE: Modulation Frequency: Modulation Depth - Creates a pitch vibrato effect. Lowering TIME will blend out the reverb signal, allowing sweeps from chorus/vibrato to long modulated reverbs.
6 - GONG: Modulator Frequency: Blends from Aliasing (left) to Ring Modulation (right) - Ethereal, crushed reverb sounds guaranteed to make you star in the upcoming remake of DUNE and live out your sci-fi fantasies of space travel and galactic domination.
- Weight: 18 oz.
- Power: 80 mA 9V (Powered Via a 2.1mm Negative Centre 9V Adapter)
- Dimensions: 5.95" x 3.86" x 2.96"