Strymon are the modern masters of digital effects. Their latest reverb workstation, NightSky, is one of the most comprehensive ambient stompboxes we've ever seen - offering unparalleled levels of tweakability and a myriad of gorgeous ethereal sounds.
Boasting 3 selectable reverb types, an 8-step sequencer, immersive stereo connectivity, Mod/Tone/Decay/Voice sections, pre/post Drive effects and the ability to store 300 presets via MIDI - there really aren't many reverb pedals on the market that push the envelope as much as the magnificent Strymon NightSky!
Time-Warped Ambient Tones
The Strymon NightSky gives you the power to create vast and engulfing soundscapes, even from just a few notes on your instrument! It goes far beyond what traditional reverb stomps can deliver; allowing you to apply mind-bending pitch and harmonic manipulation with synth-esque filter sweeps. Strymon may be synonymous with guitarists, but its NightSky can transform any instrument into a mesmerising ambient machine.
NightSky is a feature-packed sound design platform with a superbly tactile interface. Providing real-time continuous control of reverb pitch/processing rate/core size, harmonics, a synth-like resonant filter with multiple modulation waveshapes and even a step sequencer with variable glide - you will have never encountered a device like this before. Make it the ambient centrepiece of your pedalboard and unlock more creativity from your playing, with no menu-diving to distract you!
Warp Core Reverb
Strymon's NightSky uses a 'Variable Process Rate' for its reverb core, letting you achieve some truly spellbinding sounds. Enabling you to simultaneously change the size of the reverb as well as the pitch, you can dial-in the the pitch change to be completely smooth or quantised to a variety of flourishing musical scales. Plus - it can be sequenced!
Harmonic Sculpture Machine
'Shimmer' allows you to shift NightSky's harmonic structure by selectable musical intervals - a fantastic feature for experimentalists. You can also add 'Glimmer' to dynamically enhance the harmonic spectrum for a more extreme effect.
A dynamic 'Drive' function is another noteworthy appointment, which generates saturated overdriven harmonics to distort reverb tails pre or post. You can then affect the resulting signal with NightSky’s synth-derived variable-resonance low-pass filter. This level of sonic-sculpting potential makes the Stymon NightSky an absolute game-changer!
Easy Preset Access
Despite NightSky's unrivalled amount of features, its easy-to-use interface makes on-the-fly ambient adjustments easy and also provides quick access to you favourite presets. Multiple buttons on the front panel let you choose from 16 stored patches that you can customise at any time. If that's not enough though, there's a whopping 300 preset locations available via MIDI!
- Three selectable reverb types offer a wide variety of ambient textures
- MOD and Tone sections: various waveforms to modulate the reverb or tone filters/sculpt hi and low EQ of the reverb
- VOICE section to enhance the aural spectrum of the reverb
- Adjustable SHIMMER for adding pitch shifting of up to +/- 1 octave to the reverb
- GLIMMER dynamically enhances high or low frequency harmonics for synth-like textures
- MORPH allows you to footswitch-glide from one set of knob positions to another at any speed you choose!
- Pre or Post DRIVE to add saturated overdriven harmonics to the reverb
- Adjustable reverb core size to +/- the space for reflections plus independent REVERB and DRY level controls
- 8-step sequencer to program rhythmic pitch variations of the reverb over time!
- Access to 16 presets from the front panel and 300 presets via MIDI
- High impedance ultra low-noise discrete Class A JFET preamp stereo inputs/low impedance stereo outs
- Input Level switch allows for both instrument and line level signals
- On, Favorite, and Infinite footswitches
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching) or selectable transparent Analog Buffered Bypass
- Strong and lightweight anodized dark blue aluminum chassis
- 9V DC power supply included
- Power requirements: maximum 9 volts DC center-negative, with a minimum of 300mA of current
- Dimensions: 4.5″ (Depth) x 7″ (Width) x 1.75″ (Height)
- Designed and built in the USA