DSM & Humboldt Silver Linings Overdrive & Preamp Engine Pedal
Versatile Gain Workstation, with 3-Way Mode/Style Switches, 3-Band EQ & Dual Boost Controls with Footswitch
6 IN STOCK
Order now for delivery to you on Wed 29th Jun 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 169 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
DSM & Humboldt's flagship Simplifier pedals became instant best-sellers. Offering highly-realistic amp tones and unprecedented tweakability, courtesy of a variety of tone-shaping knobs/switches, DSM & Humboldt's new Silver Linings pedal is in-keeping with their existing lineup and it's arguably one of the most sophisticated drive/preamp boxes we've ever seen!
Designed from scratch, this cutting-edge gain workstation is made specifically for guitarists "searching for the most versatile and useful drive" out there. It adapts to your playing style and works nicely with your existing gear; capable of producing anything from the sweetest clean jazzy whispers, to the gnarliest of high-gain chugs! The range of tones possible rivals that of any digital modeller, but the Silver Linings possesses the immediate response and complex harmonic overtones that only true analogue circuits can deliver.
- Compact chassis for easy integration into your existing pedalboard setup, especially with ergonomic top-mounted jacks.
- Can be powered at 9-18V, with higher voltage increasing headroom for greater dynamic range.
- 3-band EQ allows for precise sound-sculpting, with controls carefully voiced to adapt to different preamps.
- 'Gain' knob features DSM & Humboldt's "Variable Gain Bandwidth" circuit, which keeps the tone tight and clear at any setting.
- 'Style' switch expands the range of the pedal with three different gain structures: Soft, Vintage & Hard.
- 'Mode' toggle turns the Silver Linings into whatever you want it to be; a transparent drive, a powerful preamp or a mid-focused boost.
- Dual boost function with 'Pre Boost' and 'Master Boost' controls let you add gain/compression and extra volume respectively.
- Independent boost footswitch; perfect for sprucing up your clean tone or taking your solos into the stratosphere!
Variable Gain Bandwidth
DSM & Humboldt's proprietary "Variable Gain Bandwidth" circuit ensures that your sound remains musical and mud-free wherever the 'Gain' dial is set, while keeping a controlled noise floor. In combination with the 'Pre Tone' knob, you get an immense level of flexibility since it not only cuts the low-end, but also acts as a "tilt" control which ensures that you get the exact response you want from your guitar's pickups.
Gain 'Style' Switch
- Soft: Has lower gain and softer clipping, emulating that coveted "Tube Screamer into Blackface amp" sound that's perfect for blues leads and pop rhythms.
- Vintage: A unique tone-fattener, creating a thick and full-bodied sound with even harmonics, thanks to asymmetrical clipping. It's a perfect mix of fuzz and distortion that responds to the touch magically!
- Hard: Gives you a modern amp tone, ranging from crystal clean to high-octane metal onslaught.
3 Versatile Modes
- Normal: Essentially imitates a transparent drive, with sparkly highs and solid low-end.
- Preamp: Makes the Silver Linings perfect for using directly into a power amp, without losing high-end clarity. Possesses extra volume to drive the power amp as loud as you want it to be!
- Mid Boost: Accentuates the 800hz range for a punchy response, and smooths the highs for an extra warm and rounded tone.
All About The Boost!
DSM & Humboldt's Silver Linings pedal boasts a dual boost function, with pre and master boost levels. Use the 'Pre Boost' control to eke out more gain and compression, and the 'Master Boost' to increase output. Using them together, you can place your solos at the forefront of a mix with extra sustain and volume — like having a second amp channel! The 'Master Boost' also works independently if the drive is bypassed, meaning that you can use it to boost your clean signal. It's like having two pedals in one!
- Voltage: 9-18V DC, Centre Negative
- Current Draw: 40mA
- Pre Boost: 30dB
- Post Boost: 20dB
- Input Impedance: 500k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 1K ohm
- Weight: 360g
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 12 x 5 cm
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Lee Breen18th Jun 2022
Mr. Matt Balmer15th Jun 2022
Mr Dave Barnes6th Jun 2022
Trusted Customer4th Jun 2022
Mr Jaxx Bridson4th Jun 2022
Mr Christopher Burgess24th May 2022
Mr Nigel Robinson29th Dec 2021
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+