Meris live at the fringes of the pedal world, seeking out bold new sounds that defy the laws of tone. Incorporating MIDI control, intricate algorithms and stunning studio-quality audio resolutions, they're true stompbox trailblazers.
Introducing the Hedra, a 3-voice rhythmic pitch shifter. The rhythmic element allows you to craft pulsing riffs, dancing leads and otherworldly polyrhythms with your instrument. The complex pitch controls offer a harmonic deep-dive experience, with 3 layers and a vast number of interval combinations to play with. Combine the two, and you've discovered a rarity in the pedal world; something entirely new.
- Advanced 3-Voice Rhythmic Pitch Shifter - from standard pitch-shifting to intricate dancing harmonies
- Individual controls for Pitch and Time Offset for each voice
- Chromatic or Key-Driven Harmony - with 6 selectable scale types via ALT control
- 4 Delay Line Configurations with unique Feedback Routing - for infinite sound design options
- Unique Keyboard Control via MIDI - puts a live quartet under your fingertips
- Micro Tune - creates gentle chorus-like detuning, classic studio fattening and extreme warping
- Glide Mode - slides between pitches at the speed you choose
- Choose to sweep through Intervals smoothly or hard step for dramatic pitch effects
- Switchable Half Speed and Auto Swell for advanced textures
- Digitally controlled Analog mix control
- Stereo input and output
- Switchable input / output headroom level for Guitar or Synth/Line level
- Expression pedal control over all parameters simultaneously
Here's what Meris say:
The Hedra is capable of adding 3 harmony voices to your instrument and with tap tempo synchronised delay available for each voice. It transcends the realms of standard pitch-shifting. In addition, pitch glide, micro tuning, 4 individual delay configurations, adjustable pitch correction and MIDI keyboard control all combine to offer a sonic experience like no other.
Keep it simple and just use Hedra as a standard chromatic pitch-shifter. Or pile on the intervals and slip into its dancing diatonic dreamscapes, via its 6 different scales and wealth of rhythmical subdivisions. Turn up the glide control and hold down tap for auto-swelling synthy portamento shifts - or bump up the pitch regeneration - and you’ll be floating away on clouds of shimmering sci-fi effects. Hook a MIDI Keyboard or a MIDI Sequencer up to Hedra and turn your source instrument into a mind-bending tapestry of harmonies and hard-tuned pitch glides.
Although it adds an entirely new dimension to the humble 6 (or more) string instrument, Hedra is not limited to just guitars. In fact, you can use the pedal on pretty much any instrument or line-level audio signal you want. Whether you choose to totally transform your beats on a drum machine, harmonise vocals or completely alter additional synths, loops or any other type of audio, Hedra’s advanced pitch-shifting palette is sure to transport you and your sound to entirely new sonic worlds.
- Designed and built in Los Angeles, California U.S.A.
- Standard 9V power
- (9V DC, centre -, 2.1mm, ~150mA current draw)
- Premium low-noise analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/32-Bit floating point DSP
- Digitally controlled Analog Dry path for wet/dry mix
- Analog Devices JFET input circuitry
- Selectable True Bypass (Relay) or Analog Buffered Bypass
- Presets available via external 4-Preset switch or MIDI
- MIDI in/out over TRS via the EXP jack (presets, automation, beat clock)
- Durable transparent coated brushed aluminum
- Dimensions – 4.25" wide, 4.5" long, 2" tal