The Wampler Gearbox is a powerful dual overdrive pedal designed in collaboration with professional guitar player Andy Wood. Having toured with a wide range of acts over the years — including Rascal Flatts, Gary Allan, Locash, Scott Stapp, and Sebastian Bach — Andy Wood knows exactly what a stellar guitar tone should be, and his Gearbox pedal truly delivers on all fronts.
Featuring modified versions of two of Wampler’s best-loved gain circuits — the Tumnus and Pinnacle — this killer combination makes the Gearbox one of the most flexible dual pedals that the brand has ever created. A top-switchable stacking order control, dual inputs and outputs, a unique noise gate and premium-quality components make the Gearbox the only drive you'll ever need on your pedalboard!
2 Independent Overdrive Channels
Channel 1 (based on the legendary Tumnus) is a versatile gain circuit that'll suit any playing style. It’s perfect for stacking with another pedal to help push or shape the total amount of gain, or you can just use it as a "transparent" standalone overdrive, as a slightly dirty boost, or to push the front-end of your amp into blossoming break-up.
Channel 2 (based on the Pinnacle distortion pedal) provides that legendary “Brown Sound”. The 3-band EQ lets you dial in your soaring lead tone, while the unique noise gate keeps your clarity on-point by reducing unwanted hiss. Stack both channels together for tonal bliss — warm yet brutal grunt, delicate and controllable harmonic overtones, and beautifully defined distortion that cuts through the mix.
The thoughtful 'Order' switch lets you select which side of the pedal comes first in the signal chain. For ultimate control, connect both sets of inputs and outputs to an external pedal switcher to mix and match in parallel or series. Andy named this pedal the Gearbox as it was designed to be the driving force behind your tone — just plug it into any amp and you'll get your sound anywhere!
- Dual independent drives based on two of Brian Wampler’s classic circuits — a tweaked Tumnus on channel 1, and a modified Pinnacle on channel 2.
- Independent volume and gain controls for both channels; tone control for channel 1; bass, middle, treble and noise gate controls on channel 2.
- Channel order switch with two pairs of input and output jacks.
- Built in the USA with high-grade components selected for superior sound and response, premium finish and controls.
- Power: 9V (DC supply only, do not exceed 9V DC), battery included
- Current Draw: 52mA
- Dimensions: 5 x 4.5 x 1.5 inches / 88.9 x 114.3 x 38.1 mm (height excludes knobs & switches)