The Nine Series Overdrive Pro+ takes Maxon’s classic OD-9 circuit and serves it up with two side orders of Whoop-Ass in the form of 9/18 volt operation and a Mid Boost switch.
In 9-volt setting the Pro+ sounds and functions like the standard OD-9 with the added option of a healthy +3 dB of midrange boost at approximately 800 Hz (actual frequency is dependent on Control settings) – great for cutting through a band during solos.
When set to 18-volts the OD-9 Pro+ becomes an 800-pound Gorilla, offering up beefier lows, tighter saturation, improved dynamics and a chunky, aggressive pick attack that will make your amp sound and feel like it just took a Viagra. Switch on the Mid Boost in this mode and let your solos breathe fire.
- Overdrive based on classic OD-9
- Switchable 9- or 18-volt operation (runs on 9 VDC)
- More Gain and Low-End (18-volt setting)
- Mid Boost Switch add +3 dB @ 800 Hz
- NJM4558 (JRC) Op Amp
- True Bypass Switching
- Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
- Input Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output Impedance: 10K Ohms or less
- Output Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Outputs: 1
- Equivalent Input Noise: -116 dB or less (input shorted IHF-A weighted)
- Maximum Gain: Normal 43 dB (at 1.5 KHz), Boost 46 dB (1 KHz)
- Controls: Drive, Tone, Level, Boost/Normal switch, 9/18 volt operation switch
- Switch: Normal/Effect (true bypass configuration)