The OD808 is ideal for pushing an already overdriven amp over the edge, a ‘la Stevie Ray Vaughan. Hell, stack two of them together like Stevie did and the house is a rockin’! You’ve never heard – or felt – bluesy goodness like this before…
Can a pedal be considered a clone if it’s made by the company that made the original?!? Maxon designed the original OD808 overdrive circuit in the late 1970’s – they then rebranded this pedal for Ibanez as the TS808 Tubescreamer, and the rest is history...
The OD808 Reissue offers up all the warm, creamy, organic overdrive as the original and then some. Never one to rest on their laurels, Maxon has tweaked the current version ever so slightly to reduce noise level while retaining the legendary “808” tone (see Tech Talk below).
The OD808 is the perfect pedal for adding smooth, tube-like overdrive to any clean amp – use it as a secondary dirt channel to beef up a song’s chorus section, or keep it on all the time for the crunchy tone that has defined rock and roll.
- The world’s first tube-amp overdrive simulator - circa 1979
- Warm, creamy, organic overdrive with singing sustain
- Rebranded for Ibanez as the TS808 Tubescreamer
- The tone that made Stevie Ray Vaughan famous
- Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
- Input Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output Impedance: 10K Ohms
- Output Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output: 1
- Controls: Drive, Tone, Balance
- Switch: Normal/Effect
- Noise (IHF-A): -110 dBu
- Max Amplitude: 35 dBu
- Power Supply: 9V Manganese dry cell battery (S-006P) or special AC adaptor
- Power Voltage: DC9 V (Battery) / DC10 V (AC-adaptor)
- Current Consumption: 5 mA (9V) / 6 mA (10 V)
- AC Adaptor: AC210N (option) Input: AC120V Output: DC9V/200 mA Center - / Sleeve +)
- Dimensions (main body): 61 mm (W) x 112 mm (D) x 35 mm (H)
- Dimensions (whole): 70 mm (W) x 112 mm (D) x 55 mm (H)
- Weight: 260 g