Mesa Boogie Throttle Box Distortion Pedal
Attain American Amp-Like Boogie Tones from a Compact Pedal!
This product is not currently available.
The Throttle Box dishes out the searing American high-gain distortion tones that made Mesa/Boogie a famous name in the first place! Perfect for rockers who seek an aggressive sound with lots of cut, the Mesa Boogie Throttle Box still retains the warmth and organic sonics you'd expect from one of the brand's premium valve amplifiers.
Versatile Gain Structure
Mesa Boogie amps are synonymous with hard rock and metal acts, so it's therefore no surprise that the their Throttle Box distortion pedal's main strengths lie in higher-gain sounds. However, if you dial back its 'Gain' control then you can attain sweet overdrive tones that are apt for classic rock and even blues genres - making it very versatile.
Plenty of Control
The unit's variable 'Mid Cut' control allows you to precisely sculpt its middle frequencies - a feature that is typically absent from most distortion pedals. Allowing you to form old school mid-present tones through to modern, scooped Mark V-style sounds - this is an incredibly valuable feature that really gets the most out of the Throttle Box's fire-breathing gain circuit.
A 'Tone' control gives you even more authority over the EQ, enabling control of the Throttle Box's treble frequencies. A cleverly-integrated internal dip switch also allows you to also tighten up the low-end for contemporary rhythm tones or keep it full-bodied for leads.
- Designed and Handcrafted in Petaluma, California, USA
- True Bypass On/Off Switching - Bypasses all circuitry when off to ensure no tonal loss
- Gain Control allows you to dial in the perfect amount of classic to modern high-gain
- Lo/High Gain Switch provides classic crunch to modern meltdown
- Master Level Control provides a variable range of signal boost up to +20dB
- Tone Control balances the amount of high frequencies
- Mid-Cut Control provides powerful mid-scoop for modern high-gain styles
- Internal EQ-Boost Switch provides added style/voicing option
- On/Off Status LED
- 9V Battery Powered or Externally Powered (optional) via External Power Jack Input
- Input & Output Jacks (Nominal Input -20dB)
- Dimensions (W/D/H): 2.87" x 4.77" x 2.28" (73mm x 122mm x 58mm)
- Weight: 0.865 lbs. (393g) with battery, 0.765 lbs. (347g) without battery
- True Bypass Switching
- Battery Type: 9VDC (one)
- Power Consumption (Current Draw): 9VDC/25mA
- External Power Supply (Not Included): To avoid immediate damage and voiding the warranty, the External Power Supply must be 9VDC with a negative center plug polarity and a jack plug size of 2.1mm x 5.5mm.
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm (500k Ohm minimum)
- Output Impedance: 10k Ohm
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Nervii20th Jun 2020
Thomas Harding25th Mar 2019
aris koronaios9th Oct 2018
Trusted Customer19th Aug 2015
Trusted Customer23rd Jul 2015
Trusted Customer16th Jun 2015
Trusted Customer8th Mar 2015
Trusted Customer1st Feb 2015
Trusted Customer4th Apr 2014
Trusted Customer4th Mar 2014
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+