EarthQuaker Devices Bellows Drive Pedal
The EarthQuaker Devices Bellows is an interesting pedal that is neither overdrive or fuzz. At lower drive levels you get classic amp break up sounds similar to what you would here in the tweed era. Turn it up a little bit more however and you get in to really dirty and gritty fuzz tones that work great for both vintage guitar and bass vibes.
One of the great things about having such a dynamic range in a pedal is its ability to get a wide range of tones even without a lot of controls. With just Level and Drive controls you can easily set up your rig with this pedal set to your max amount of gain and just clean everything up or get inbetween sounds with your guitars volume control.
Here's what EarthQuaker Devices say about the Bellows Drive Pedal
The Bellows is a back-to-basics, transistor-based dirt device. This two-knob wonder has a whole lot of character for such a simple, unassuming pedal. It straddles the line between amp-like grit and fuzzy saturation to create a remarkably vintage, tweed-type tone. Similar to the volume control of a "non master" amp, the Drive determines how hard the signal hits the input. At lower drive levels it's a little wider and grittier. Resist the usual urge to dime it and keep the Drive low for mellow, amp-like break up. Slowly bring up the Drive and you'll eventually end up in blown out fuzz land, having passed a bunch of useful distorted places in between. It's pretty much every era of rock n' roll in a box. While designed for guitar, Bellows also handles bass extremely well at growling low and scorching high levels. And if you're a guitar player that fancies themselves a bass player- then forget it, this is your favorite dirt pedal. Each and every bellows is made by a bunch of bearded dudes and a couple ladies in the comedic drama section of Akron, Ohio.
- Level: Adjusts the output level by setting the bias voltage of the transistor. A small amount of noise while dialing this in is perfectly normal.
- Drive: Controls the input gain of the device for different levels of dirt. You'll find that it is thinner and more clean counter clockwise and thicker with more growl clockwise.
- Power: Please use a standard 9 volt DC power supply intended for musical instruments with
- a negative center 2.1mm barrel or a 9v Battery
- Current Draw: 8ma
Next Delivery Due: Tuesday, 21 August 2018
Not currently in stock. We have ordered stock of this item.
- Order now & we will ship to you as soon as we receive stock.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Estimated arrival date: Tuesday, 21 August 2018
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery