DOD Looking Glass Overdrive Pedal
The DOD Looking Glass is a very interesting overdrive as its Class A FET design and asymmetrical gain stage make it more like a preamp for your amplifier than a traditional overdrive. Created by the incredible team at Shoe pedals and sold with the DOD badge this is a seriously cool addition to any pedalboard
Low Gain Boost to Cranked Vintage Gain
Because of how the pedal produces its gain you always get a beautiful amp like gain. With the gain down low you get clean and low gain boost tones that don't overly colour your amplifier. Crank it up a few notches and you start to get some extremely powerful gain tones that respond like an old vintage amp pushed beyond where it is comfortable. Think Jimi Hendrix era psychedelic tones and you are in the right ball park for what this pedal can do.
Fits Any Rig
One really interesting control on this pedal is the Input Filter. With this you can easily tune this pedal in to your rig and tame overly bright guitars that just sound harsh when you start to get in to higher gain tones. Combine that with the extremely powerful bass cut and treble controls and you are ready to rock any rig, any time.
Here's what DOD say about the Looking Glass Overdrive
Dial in the ideal reflection of your sound with a set of powerful, yet simple controls. You can keep things simple and use the Looking Glass for tone shaping, glassy boost and light overdrive, or go further down the rabbit hole into the raw, psychedelic sounds of a vintage amp pushed to the brink of failure. Featuring a new hybrid of Class-A discrete FET design, the Looking Glass' asymmetrical clipping is so responsive that it can go from one end of the spectrum to the other with not only a flick of a switch, but with pick attack alone.
The Looking Glass Overdrive is collaboration between DOD and the boutique pedal company SHOE Pedals. Christopher Venter of SHOE Pedals is known for his unique circuits, colorful perspective on classic effects, and minimalist design aesthetic.
Built for maximum versatility, the Looking Glass' unique Input Filter feature allows the player to tame overly bright guitars and interacts with your guitar's pickups to help you cut through the mix without shredding the audience's ears. The versatile, intuitive pre-drive Bass Cut and post-drive Treble controls allow you to retain clarity in the mix or dial in any raunchy raw tone you desire. And, there's enough output and gain on tap to make even the Red Queen lose her head.
The Looking Glass is true bypass, which allows your guitar tone to remain pristine even when the it is off and the power supply input makes it pedalboard friendly.
- Circuit Design by Christopher Venter of SHOE Pedals
- Discrete FET Class-A Design
- Dual Gain Stages selectable via toggle switch
- Hybrid Pre- and Post-Gain Bass and Treble Controls
- Input Filter control to tame overly-bright guitars
- Internal DIP switches to reduce unwanted effects of overly-bright signals and buffers
- True bypass
- 9V Power Supply jack
- Aluminum chassis
- Dimensions: 4.68" x 2.63"x 2.25" (L x W x H)
- Weight: ~1.0 lbs. / 0.453 kgs.
- Input: (1) 1/4" Instrument
- Output: (1) 1/4" Instrument
- Chassis: All Metal
- Power Supply: 9V Alkaline Dry Battery or Optional Power Supply
Available For Order
Normally available in 7 days
We can special order this item from our supplier
- Order this item today and we will place a special order with our supplier.
- Normally available in 7 working days
- Delivery time for this item may be longer depending on whether our supplier has the item in stock.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery