Crazy Tube Circuits Golden Ratio Pedal
Here's what Crazy Tube Circuits say about the Golden Ratio
(Phi) features two studio grade compressors, optical and FET, in a single stompbox format.
Optical compressor: A hand selected photocell offers distinctive attack and release characteristics resulting in very gentle and musical compression which is generally not found in typical solid state or tube designs. You won’t be able to tell when it's on but you sure going to miss it when it's gone.
FET compressor: A highly tweakable compressor with separate controls for attack and release that can be tweaked to sound very clean or colored. But even when the compressor is coloring your tone at extreme settings it will be at the most musical way just like studio classic FET compressors.
An internal circuitry produces 25V DC of clean headroom from a standard 9V supply.
Phi will fatten up your tone even with no compression added. With the parallel compression technique of blending the compressed signal with the original – uncompressed signal, you will experience clarity and precision only found in studio recordings.
Features superb low-noise performance and full frequency response making it perfect for guitar, bass and virtually every stringed instrument either on studio or stage
- Input: Adjust the amount of signal that goes into the compressor circuit and control the threshold over which the compressor starts reducing gain. Higher input settings will yield more compression.
- Output: Set the output level of the efefct
- Blend: Mix your compressed with the original signal. As you turn the control clockwise you blend in more compressed signal.
- Ratio: Adjust the amount compression/gain reduction. From almost no compression to limiting. (The amount of compression differs from FET to Optical).
- Input gain internal trimmer: Adjust the overall input gain of your pedal to match different instruments and pickups. Use lower settings with high output pickups to prevent distortion.
- FET/Opto toggle switch: Select the type of compression.
FET only compressor controls:
- Attack: Set the time until compression (gain reduction) begins.
- Release: Set the time until compression (Gain reduction) stops.
- Compression Ratio Internal Trimmer: Set the range of compression ratio when in FET mode.
1 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Friday, 23 March 2018 This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery