Crazy Tube Circuits Black Magic Mk2 Pedal
Here's what Crazy tube Circuits say about the Black Magic MK2
Utilizing JFET technology cascaded gain stages we set out to mimic the signal path and response of a high gain tube amp. Combining the best sounds of American and British style high gain amps along with a versatile 3 band passive EQ and presence control we created a distortion effect that can cover a wide range of gain from low overdrive – crunchy sounds to fully saturated gain with huge amounts of sustain.
Even at high gain settings Black Magic mk2 preserves full clarity and definition and can clean up with your guitar’s volume knob. With an assignable boost footswitch you can select to boost gain, volume or both in order to stand out for your solo without the need to change settings on the fly.
- Bypass Footswitch
- Gain - Start from an open sounding class rock distortion. As you turn the knob clock-wise the sound gets darker and heavier.
- Presence - Boosts the upper mid-range frequencies. Controls the presentation of your sound in the whole mix.
- Volume - Set your effect level according to the bypassed signal
- Bass - Let more low frequencies in. Fine tune to the guitar/pickups used.
- Mid - Moderate settings for 'that' scooped sound or turn it up for singing leads.
- Treble - From smooth to harsh
- Boost footswitch - Engage boost function
- Boost assign toggle switch - With this 3 way toggle switch you can assign the function of the boost footswitch. You can choose to boost gain, volume via the volume boost knob and volume and gain. Gain boost function has 2 presets selectable via an internal switch located on the pcb between the two footswitches. Preset 1 has only a touch of extra gain and sustain but also boosts upper mid frequencies./ preset 2 has a lot more extra gain and sustain and a wider frequency boost for groundshaking tones.