Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion Compact PedalThe world's best known compact pedal manufacturer
BOSS MD-2 MEGA DISTORTION
For when you need maximum gain, it's time to set things on fire with the Mega Distortion. For a high gain, full range distortion that's perfect for metal, the MD2 fits the bill. With a dedicated "bottom" control, you can take the low end to the extreme, and the MD-2 is even suitable for use with bass guitars. No holds barred - if you're looking for a wall-of-sound, balls to the wall pedal, this is it.
As you probably know, Boss pedals have a reputation for being built like brick outhouses! You can be pretty sure that however much you drop it, kick it, throw it and jump on it, it will still come back for more punishment! These pedals constantly survive the rigors of rock 'n' roll touring, and that's why they're seen at the feet of top touring pros everywhere. Reliability really can be affordable to all, and Boss are so sure that their compact stomps will last that they cover them with a full five year warranty.
Here's what Boss say about the MD2
The MD-2 Mega distortion takes the bottom-heavy distortion sounds heard in today's new-school metal and pushes it to the extreme. The secret is a special dual-stage distortion circuit with an added gain boost-plus new Bottom and Tone controls--for crushing distortion with massive low end. Take your distortion into the future with the MD-2.
- Produces extreme, low-end distortion for modern metal and hard rock
- Gain Boost circuit creates huge distortion and sustain regardless of level
- New Bottom control for bottom-heavy distortion matched to 6- or 7-string guitars
- Tone control adjusts balance between high and low frequencies
- BOSS 5-year warranty
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Leve:l -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise Level: -110 dBu (IHF-A, Typ.)
- Controls: Pedal Switch, GAIN BOOST Knob, DIST (distortion) Knob, TONE Knob, BOTTOM Knob, LEVEL Knob
- Indicator: CHECK Indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, AC Adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Dry battery, AC Adaptor (PSA-series: optional)
- Current: Draw 18 mA (DC 9 V)
- Accessory: Dry battery (9 V type) S-006P/9 V (6F22/9 V)
- Option: AC Adaptor: PSA-series
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight: 0.4 kg (0 lbs. 15 oz).
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms.
2 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Friday, 22 June 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
- We can transfer new & boxed items from our warehouse to our store in 30-40 minutes.
1 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
UK Next Day Delivery £4.99