Bogner Ecstasy Red Overdrive Pedal
Based on Bogner's Ecstasy amp range the Ecstasy Red pedal is a high gain pedal that can go from classic rock to modern metal. With a built in boost function as well you can easily turn your clean amplifier in to a hard rocking 3 channel machine! There is a reason the Bogner red channel is known as the 'Burn' channel.
Hard Rocking Tones
This pedal was made for those who want to rock out with high gain tones that are not just made for metal. High gain has its place in a wide range of different styles of rock but most pedals are so focused on modern metal styles with scooped mids. You can get that out of the Ecsatasy but it has so much more versatility than just that one tone.
You will imediately know how to use all of the main controls including volume, treble, middle, bass and gain as will as independant volume and gain controls for the boost function. Because of the way this pedal has been developed these controls respond just like a real amplifier so you will be able to get set up quickly and easily.
So Many Options
Apart from the basic amp like controls that are easy to learn about just by turning the knob there are some more advanced functions as well. 4 switches sit at the top of this pedal and these are what help you shape the pedal to fit what ever situation you are in.
- Variac: Acts like a tube rectifier. In the on position you lose a bit of attack and get a smoother rock and roll tone like you would have heard in some cooler vintage amps. This is more of a response and feel thing than a tonal difference so it is down to personal taste. Great for creating a more compressed tone on the fly.
- Mode: This three way switch sets the general tone of the pedal. In tight mode you boost the midrange and high end. The mellow mode reduces your gain and darkens the tone ever so slightly. In full mode every part of the EQ is heavily boosted for more output and more gain.
- Pre EQ: B1 has a very open top end with a lot of presence, great with any single coil or P90 loaded guitar. N is neutral so it has no effect on the pedal. B2 is a midrange boost that stretches a bit in to the high end and works great with humbuckers.
- Structure: 101 is your classic smiley EQ with a boost in the lows and highs with a dip in the mids. 100 flips that over with a bass and low cut but a midrange boost, great for the modern sound. Finally the 20th mode boosts the top end and midrange for another step in the modern direction.
Here's what Bogner say about the Ecstasy Red Overdrive Pedal
The Ecstasy amplifier was born in 1992 and decades later Bogner is still hand building each amp, one at a time, right here in Los Angeles, California. The Ecstasy red pedal captures the mystical red channel tone of this legendary amplifier, famous for its incendiary higher gain crunch and lead tones. Using interactive controls to adjust gain and EQ settings, the red pedal delivers a wide range of expressive tones from vintage overdrive to ripping modern high gain. Ideal for aggressive playing styles, the red pedal boasts the outrageous heavy tones that get Bogner amps into the backlines of rock's most notable players.
Reinhold designed the Ecstasy red pedal with five discrete Class A gain stages and with no op-amps or diode clipping, mirroring the circuitry of the Ecstasy amplifier's red channel. This revolutionary approach provides clarity, touch sensitivity and note separation never before achieved in overdrive pedals.
The Ecstasy red is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9VDC power supply. Reinhold's advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Ecstasy amplifier's legendary tube design.
- True bypass
- Boost function with independently lit volume and gain controls
- Master Controls: Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass and Volume
- Variac On/Off switch: adds a "dropped voltage" dynamic compression to the feel and sound
- Mode Switch: Tight, Mellow and Full, shapes the general EQ curve and gain levels
- Pre-EQ Switch: B1, N and B2 settings control "openness" and presence of higher range harmonics
- Structure Switch: 100, 101 and 20th Anniversary settings offer EQ shifts and gain structures from various eras and models of Ecstasy amplifiersJacks: input, output and remote.
- Remote jack allows control of the on/off and boost functions via a remote switching unit
- Low Battery Indicator: LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold.
- Premium components include: Double sided gold plated circuit boards, German WIMA capacitors, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold plated relays, Carling switches and more
2 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Tuesday, 26 June 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
2 in stock at our Guildford store
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery