Bogner's Ecstasy pedals offer their legendary amp tones (of the same name) in all-encompassing stompboxes. By removing the battery housing and foot-controllable boost, they've been able to shrink the housing to a smaller, more pedalboard-friendly format. The Ecstasy Red Mini is, naturally, modelled after the red channel; treading the line between overdrive and distortion, it can be dialled back for responsive grit or pushed for aggressive modern distortion.
Here's what Bogner say:
This is our successful Ecstasy red pedal in a small housing, just like the big brother it captures the classic red channel tone of the legendary amplifier, famous for its incendiary higher gain crunch and lead tones. Using interactive controls to adjust gain and EQ settings, the red pedal delivers a wide range of expressive tones from vintage overdrive to ripping modern high gain. Ideal for aggressive playing styles, the red pedal boasts the outrageous heavy tones that get Bogner amps into the backlines of rock’s most notable players.
The Ecstasy red mini is powered by a 9VDC power supply only! Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage to a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Ecstasy amplifier’s legendary tube design!
- True bypass
- Gain and Volume controls
- Active Bass, Middle and Treble tone controls
- Mid frequency range up or down shift trim pot, accessible from bottom
- Variac On/Off switch: adds a “dropped voltage” dynamic compression to the feel and sound
- Pre-Eq Switch: B1, N and B2 settings control “openness” and presence of higher range harmonics
- Mode Switch: - basic red channel high gain, + red channel with boost engaged
- Jacks: input, output.
- 9VDC connector, no internal battery operation!